Old 05-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #1

Lippert Company

A word of warning to everyone. I was going to Goshen to get a 4 pt ground control system 3.0 installed by Lippert. I called and they told me that they would install it for the rally special price of $2546.00 plus tax and labor $400.00. I asked if it came with the 2 remotes 1 that plugs in and 1 battery. They said no that would cost an extra $575.00. Sent me the bid. I then saw CW advertisement saying they would beat anyones price on anything. I called CW. CW asked for my bid price be sent to them. I did that. They called back and said they will install the the system for .10 cents more $2546.10. I asked the cost of labor they said that I qualify for $ 149.00 installation, being a Good Sams Deluxe Member. I asked about the remotes, they said they will come with the system. This has nothing to do with Forest River, they are great. This is private through there supplier. Once again it has nothing to do with FR. Sometimes you think your getting a deal then all of a sudden you feel like your being taken. So CW will get my money for the exact same system made by lippert.... To CW.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #2

Buyer beware !!! I always say “ shop around before you purchase”. I have seen at R.V. shows, the word SALE, on items, and have bought it much cheaper ( know your prices).

Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:30 PM   #3

I just got a price from lippert to add a 4 point system to my 365 saq and it was $3350 plus $800 labor. This is the hydrolic level up system. Taking it to IN install. Is your electric??
Old 05-15-2014, 12:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro View Post
I just got a price from lippert to add a 4 point system to my 365 saq and it was $3350 plus $800 labor. This is the hydrolic level up system. Taking it to IN install. Is your electric??
Yes mine is electric. I didn't want to go with hydraulic do to the big change and and all the problems with leaks and o rings. Each ram is rated at 5000 lbs. My unit weight is a little over 9000 lbs total. I will still keep the rear Stabilization system on there now and just put it down after it levels. So it will really turn out to be 6 point. Last year they were about the same around $4000.00 installed for hydraulic. This is there new elecrtic system, they claim it is 4x's faster then any competitor. Labor for the rally should be $50.00 per hr not $100.00 i would call them. Good luck
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 05-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro View Post
By the way lippert gave me a price of $4000.00 for the hydraulic level up is what she called it. Said that was the rally price. and asked which one I wanted installed.... I remember last year when I was going to go with the hydraulic 6 pt and that was $4000.00. If I remember right. I know that RV Chick on her big toy hauler XLR and I think she got it for the same $4000.00. You might want to shoot her a PM and ask about it. Hopes this helps, good luck. They first quoted me a 100.00 per hr for labor, after I questioned why it wasn't 50.00 like last year she changed it.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 05-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Buyer beware !!! I always say ď shop around before you purchaseĒ. I have seen at R.V. shows, the word SALE, on items, and have bought it much cheaper ( know your prices).
"Sale" does not have to mean cheaper. It just means it's "for sale" at this price. I only ever trust "Discounted" or "Reduced" as meaning the price is actually lower. Even then, I don't trust it as being the lowest.

I've caught a few companies that advertise a 'Sale' price that is equal to (and sometimes above) their everyday price. I find Best Buy (at least here on the Cdn side of the border) does that a lot. Puts items in their flyers, but just lists the regular price.

Real Estate does it too. Last time we were looking for a house I was watching quite a few properties on the MLS. There was one that put out a "New Price" sticker on their sign, so I headed over to the MLS to see what they marked it down to, thinking it might now be within budget. The price had gone up about 15%.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
"Sale" does not have to mean cheaper. It just means it's "for sale" at this price. I only ever trust "Discounted" or "Reduced" as meaning the price is actually lower. Even then, I don't trust it as being the lowest.

I've caught a few companies that advertise a 'Sale' price that is equal to (and sometimes above) their everyday price. I find Best Buy (at least here on the Cdn side of the border) does that a lot. Puts items in their flyers, but just lists the regular price.

Real Estate does it too. Last time we were looking for a house I was watching quite a few properties on the MLS. There was one that put out a "New Price" sticker on their sign, so I headed over to the MLS to see what they marked it down to, thinking it might now be within budget. The price had gone up about 15%.
You are correct IMO, but Lippert said that these where Rally Show special pricing. What they did to me was take out the remotes from there package to lower the price. Remotes come with the unit even from Mobil outfitters who is there company that's install lipperts components all over the US. Regular price any day is $3214.29 with the remotes. That's how they got the rally price down/ no remotes with the system....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 05-15-2014, 04:02 PM   #8

Thanks for the heads up gljurczyk!!

I was thinking about getting the electric system as well. Time to call CW
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #9

OK, this is just my personal opinion. Iíve been a member of various RV forums for many years and Iíve read too many horror stories about shoddy or incompetent work done by CW. Regardless of cost, if I were having that system installed it would only be by Lippert.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #10
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
OK, this is just my personal opinion. Iíve been a member of various RV forums for many years and Iíve read too many horror stories about shoddy or incompetent work done by CW. Regardless of cost, if I were having that system installed it would only be by Lippert.
On this one, I would go with CW and watch them very closely. As for Lippert and their less that stellar sales pitch and shenanigans of charging extra for remotes that come with the kits, I would steer clear of Lippert entirely. JMO