Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2019, 05:54 PM   #1

Lippert Stabilizer Jacks

Need some ideas. I have a FR Flagstaff 832ikbs with 3 slides. It came with factory installed Lippert Stabilizer electric Jacks. After arriving at a campsite and leveling side-to-side and placing ratcheting wheel chocks between the tires, we lower the electric jacks until they contact the ground and then go for another couple of seconds. They automatically cut off at a certain point. They will raise the camper maybe an inch but does not "lift" it. At this point, we open the slides and everything stays level. However the problem is this...after being in the camper for a few hours or so, we start to notice some bounce again inside the unit. When I go out and push the switch at the jack control again, it raises back up again for a couple of seconds, as if it has loosened up some. Both the front and rear does this, though the rear is the worst. I have tried blocks under the "feet" of the jacks, have been on concrete pads, gravel, it doesn't seem to matter. They are continuously loosening up and I don't know why. I'm a senior citizen so I can't get down on the ground and use scissors jacks like I used at set-up so I was hoping to simplify the "bounce" problem by just using the stabilizers. However, they continuously loosen up. Any suggestions as to why or what I can do about it to make the rv a bit more "stable" inside...i.e., less bouncing or rocking? Thanks for everyone's help.
Tirebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:37 PM   #2

I have experienced the same problem. They just don’t stay “tight”. I have gone to a combination of x-chocks and stack jacks. Rock solid. Neither are much money (sorry, I’m terrible at links and pictures, but I got both at Amazon.)
Old 06-04-2019, 09:54 PM   #3

Raising the trailer and inch with electric stabs ?? to me, that's a lot. I run mine down and as soon as hear the motor start to lag, I stop. Trailer maybe raises a 1/4" Those stabs are not designed to "LIFT" the trailer and only to "Stabilize."
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:04 AM   #4

I do basically the same as WolfPaq and find that after a day of waling around in there it needs adjusted again. I've never really checked to see if the feet ar digging in or if the stabilizers are somehow loosening (not sure how they'd do that).
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirebuilder View Post
Need some ideas. I have a FR Flagstaff 832ikbs with 3 slides. It came with factory installed Lippert Stabilizer electric Jacks. After arriving at a campsite and leveling side-to-side and placing ratcheting wheel chocks between the tires, we lower the electric jacks until they contact the ground and then go for another couple of seconds. They automatically cut off at a certain point. They will raise the camper maybe an inch but does not "lift" it. At this point, we open the slides and everything stays level. However the problem is this...after being in the camper for a few hours or so, we start to notice some bounce again inside the unit. When I go out and push the switch at the jack control again, it raises back up again for a couple of seconds, as if it has loosened up some. Both the front and rear does this, though the rear is the worst. I have tried blocks under the "feet" of the jacks, have been on concrete pads, gravel, it doesn't seem to matter. They are continuously loosening up and I don't know why. I'm a senior citizen so I can't get down on the ground and use scissors jacks like I used at set-up so I was hoping to simplify the "bounce" problem by just using the stabilizers. However, they continuously loosen up. Any suggestions as to why or what I can do about it to make the rv a bit more "stable" inside...i.e., less bouncing or rocking? Thanks for everyone's help.
We don't have the electric jacks on our TT, we have the manual scissor jacks. However, I'm not young anymore and have a bad back, so I use my 19.2 volt cordless drill on low speed for more torque to lower and raise the jacks. I put a block of wood or more under each one and I can raise each side a good 2-3 inches. If we ever buy a newer RV with electric jacks I would have a set of 4 scissor jacks installed and just use them. From what I've seen and read the electric ones are a joke and just one more thing to fail.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:51 PM   #6

I also have the X chocks between the tires and that also helps reduce the movement.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:01 PM   #7

Even the old manual scissor jack s need to be raised some after settled in for a couple days! Least that's been my experience. With the electric ones I put down so they touch ground or blocks and give a quick adjust the next day

Where ever you go there you are
grumpyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, stabilizer