Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2018, 10:34 PM   #1

Lippert system issue on 2016 Sierra 377flik

Parked the trailer before Christmas. Getting it ready to move to another camp ground and had to change out a switch to get the slide outs to work. Then I couldn't get the 6 point system to retract in auto or manual. I have tried to reset and every suggestion I could find. When I push the retract in manual I do hear a clicking sound in the pump area, either switch or solenoid. Any suggestions?
keykenbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keykenbb View Post
Parked the trailer before Christmas. Getting it ready to move to another camp ground and had to change out a switch to get the slide outs to work. Then I couldn't get the 6 point system to retract in auto or manual. I have tried to reset and every suggestion I could find. When I push the retract in manual I do hear a clicking sound in the pump area, either switch or solenoid. Any suggestions?
I had a similar issue very recently. On mine, there are tiny circuit breakers on the back wall of the front storage compartment. Hard to see, but they are little white buttons on the left side of what looks like binding blocks.
Press to reset.
Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker UMS 21K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:17 PM   #3

My guess would be a breaker or fuse also just because of the electrical work done on the switch.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:29 AM   #4

My guess also, so changed out the switch and have checked the fuse (both of those at hydraulic motor). Still trying to find the mysterious micro switches. So far can't get them to budge.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #5

Call your dealer & he will tell you how to fix it. Same thing happened with my trailer & I was on the way in five minutes.
radio flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #6

Call Lippert. Great CS and will walk you through the easy process.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #7

Sounds like you need to reset small buttons on breakers.
They can sometimes be underneath a cover of rubber flap. Sometimes a cover must be removed with a screwdriver.
I have had the same problem. They are most likely close to the battery.
Kwralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #8

Just a thought, how are your batteries?
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #9

There is a black box next to the motor and hyd. Tank. It’s hard to see but a lever will be shown popped up, push it down for power. Could be red or black when open, stops power to your motor.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #10

The thing about breakers and fuses is that I haven't seen two rigs that are setup the same. Some have inline blade fuses, others have resettable, micro, auto reset, you name it. And they are wherever the installer felt like putting them that day And then there's mine that has no fuses for the slides and jacks except the breaker at the main box. And before you tell me that it has to have one, I've had techs tell me the same thing. After an hour of tracing wires, they finally agree.

So really all the OP can do is trace wires and find where his is, IF he has one. Then check connections for tightness, and batteries.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:18 AM   #11

Thanks for all of the tips and advise. Unfortunately the RV is still stuck and we have ordered the front control. If I had just known how long this was going to take I would have worked the Manuel system and moved it to its new location (it's going to be there for several weeks). My fault was calling the local dealer who had a RV mechanic call to help. After he got involved I was just riding the raft. We are now on 3rd major component that is the issue. Let's hope because the front control module has been removed. Anyway thanks for all of the advise and tips. I have learned a great deal about the system.

Tags
sierra