Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #21
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
If you are looking at driving that far to purchase vs. a local dealer you might want to look at Cheyenne Camping Center in Davenport, IA. Great prices and they do take trades (granted you will get much less than retail value.) Just bought my 36QBOK from them and traded my old unit. If you want a conct there, PM me and I will send you information. Search this forum for them you will see several posts in the last few months.
I think what you just said is paramount. It seems to me that when you're doing both at once (trading in and buying) you'll either:

A) Get a great price on your trade in, but a "worse" deal on the camper
B) Get a low price on your trade in, but a "great" deal on the camper

Don't know. I sold my pop-up for pennies to my step-bro.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #22

Camper went on facebook today. I will put it on Craigslist one day this week. tomorrow I'm getting the fifth wheel plate installed at a rv repair center near me. It is a B&W turnover ball and a companion hitch. 650 for the turnover ball installed and 750 for the companion. I recieved calls today from RVW and Tom Raper. Neither had exactly the unit I want so I will order one. Something a little different on each one but not just right. Real close but no cigar. I'm like some others have said...if I'm spending that much money it will be EXACTLY what I want or I ain't buying.
PawPaw Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #23

Rv wholesalers

Just purchased a Sandpiper 376BHOK from RVW. So far so good! Colt has been great to work with.......not pushy but on top of things. Blake is another good one there. Yes saved $8000 over local, and local never bothered to contact me after in their showroom a week ago. They knew I was serious as I knew more about the RV I wanted than they knew. Will cost me approx. $2000 to deliver to ND but that still leaves a lot of extra $ for TOYS. Plus the one I am getting is loaded with almost if not all options. I felt reassured in their RV Network for repairs and warranty (being like 1200 miles away) when the first three repair/warranty places they gave me.....I have already done business with and they are good. One question I have is about the extended warranty.... Is it honestly worth it. I purchased it..?????
Blackgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #24

We went through the same ordeal twice. On our first camper, a 2010 Keystone, we ended up buying from Holmans in Ohio. With the $7K saved over the "lowest they could possibly go" local price, it made our camper a lot more attractive on the used market two years later. We sold it in two days on Craigslist and were still under the lowest advertised for the same unit .

We then attempted to buy local again and were even up front with the dealer on the price we were willing to pay (a couple of thou over the internet price) and things seemed to be going ok until a seasoned salesman stepped in and was just a pushy *****, buy today at our price or don't waste any more of our time. We walked and haven't been back. Our original salesman did try to call a couple of times, but we said as long the other guy was still there, we didn't want to go back.

So, off to RVW. Ordered exactly the options we wanted, financed through our local credit union and drove two days from Denver to RVW to make the purchase/pickup. Camped at Indian lakes state park just down the road from RVW overnight and did a very detailed checkout of everything on that camper above and beyond the items on our checklist we did in RVWs yard. RVW even brought out the air tools to help me install the Equal-i-zer brackets and electric jack I had taken off the old camper. We made a loop down south from there and spent the next two weeks in our new camper.

And we just got back from a local three nite/four day trip here along the front range in Colorado. The only issue I found was the kitchen faucet didn't want to flow very well on the cold side. I'll fix it myself and upgrade the hardware also. I probably jacked one of those cheap valves when I cleared the lines last year with the air. I keep the pressure lower than 40lbs, so I may have to lower that to about 35 now. Hey, we live and learn.

As far as how the rest of the trip went, temps in the day were in the high 60s, and it got down to the low 30s at night. And we did finish off one propane tank, but the other was full up. It's kinda cold at 6am switching primary tanks and it was down to 56 inside by then. Warmed up fine after that. We also run two small electric heaters to help the camper furnace not be so hungry at night.

JR

2008 Toy Tundra DC 5.7L Bagged w/LTs
Hensley Arrow
2012 Windjammer 3001W, Atriumed
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote