Old 05-18-2015, 05:43 AM   #1

Long distance purchase needs warranty work

We just took delivery of a 15 brookstone 395rl, long distance delivery, PA to CT. We are having an issue with the auto stabilizers/leveling. We also think the black tank may have a small leak. With the dealer 500 miles away we are concerned. They said have a local rv come out and fix and they would pay the bill but we haven't found one who would. Any feedback from owners who bought long distance would be great.
PS- Anyone know how to get the exterior speakers working...turned on all speakers from Jensen device and flipped both switches on main control panel that are labeled speakers but nothing.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:12 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Congrats on your new unit.
When buying long distance sometimes this is the problem you run into. Good luck.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "4 nights"

Old 05-18-2015, 07:38 AM   #3

When we bought our 5er last year,we bought about 3 1/2 hours away.I told them when something went wrong,would they send the parts for me to fix.They did and i did all the small fixes.never had to take it back.I found that the local dealers didn't want any part of warranty work.Luckily nothing major as yours may be.Call and talk to one of the techs where you bought it.Just maybe he can walk you through a fix.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #4

We bought our Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS about 150 miles from home. When we found the converter was faulty from day 1 we called another Coachmen dealer 10 miles away and they verified they could do the warranty work. They have completed the work and charged us nothing.

If you can't find a closer dealer, call Brookstone and ask them to help you find the closest warranty repair shop.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:15 AM   #5

Thanks everyone!
Old 05-18-2015, 01:02 PM   #6

X2 on calling the selling dealer. They should assist you in actually locating a local shop that WILL do the work for you. They depend on long-distance sales for much of their business, so they should be happy to make the calls needed and arrangements for service locally.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:03 PM   #7

I had a warranty issue with mine and the local dealer would not do warranty work because I did not buy from them. So FR said I could get a mobile RV repair company to do the work but I would have to pay and then get reimbursed from FR. The other option was to call Coach-Net because I was still within the 1 year and they arranged everything with a dealer that was close.

Good Luck

2015 Siera 377FLIK
2014 Ford F350 KR
Molly the new Chihuahua
Cricket the Chihuahua RIP
Steve & Jojo
stevewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #8

Not sure how far into Conn. you are, but Alpine Haus is really good, they are right off 84 near port jervis. Outside speakers should work off the unit. On mine, there are three buttons, A,B,C and C is for the outside speakers. The unit should tell you which ones are on. Not sure if that will help or not.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:41 PM   #9

Go on forest river web site and look for local dealers that service forest river in your area. They can do any warranty work for you. I bought mine 300 mile from my home but I have a rv dealer that's on the web site and they took care of my warranty work 5 miles away.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:03 PM   #10

Yes, FR can give you a list of authorized dealers, but I have heard of some that will not service anyone but those that purchased the RV from them. The list is a good idea, but call the dealer and ask. Speak to the Service Manager, not the receptionist or Service Agent. Write down their name for future reference. Just a suggestion.

D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty