Old 01-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
The discontinued model is the Flagstaff Micro Lite 21FB. They are still making other 21 models so I don't think it would be too difficult to make the changes needed for the FB. I am putting a lot of trust in the dealer but I have had a good vibe in talking to him over the phone.

SuwanneeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #12
Moderators' Assistant
have you looked to see if they still make the Rockwood twin of this trailer?

personally, i wouldn't worry about it not being produced anymore.
Flagstaff and FR are still in business, it's built with the same materials the others are, the appliances are warrantied by the their manufacturer.
i almost bought a Roo floorplan that had been discontinued. only because they came out with a better one, did we change our mind. if the 23SS hadn't come along, we would have bought the discontinued model and not worried at all.

and we bought ours from a dealer 2000 miles away.
never had any issues finding a dealer near us to do the warranty work, with FR's assistance.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #13
My 2012 Forest River Work and Play 30WRS that we bought last February. We could not take delivery for a week till they ordered and repaired all the things we found during the PDI inspection. After all of our first 4 week long trips we had to bring it back in for warranty repairs and they averaged 2 to 3 weeks each time. They replaced the cooling system in the refrigerator, twice for leaking slide out seals and adjustment, replaced the back garage screen door, they drilled though the side walls and then had to repair and repaint the exterior, refrigerator fan, replaced the Jensen DVD/stereo, TV cables, A/C fan, just to name a few of the major items etc. We bought it at RV America in Ocala, Fl about 80 miles away.So far about six or seven trips back and forth how. Do the math. Buy from a local dealer cause your going to become best of friends.
jamesroadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #14
Sorry you had so many problems but if I thought every trailer would have that many problems I would not even consider buying one.
SuwanneeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #15
I purchased out of town (rvw) and have no regrets with our rockwood 2109. I have had 2 minor issues (tv and stereo) an both we're handled appropriately. My local dealers come and go, rvw will be there for a long time.
2013 Mini Lite 2109s
2006 F150 STX 4x4
Smitty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
We purchased our Salem 26TBUD out of town. At the end of this past season, we noticed a slide seal leak. I called the local dealer and told them the problem and that the TT was still under warranty. (we purchased the extended) He asked if we purchased the unit from him, I said no and would that be a problem. He responed no problem. The repair was done in about two weeks and cost us $0.
So here I am telling a good story about Lime Lake RV in Delevan, NY. I am sure there was a time when dealers could be snobby about who they service, but those days are done. This forum (and others like it) are a wealth of knowledge and word travels fast, dealers can't afford to discriminate just because you found a better deal somewhere else.
t.simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #17
Purchased our 5er from a dealer (Grumbine's RV) in PA and while we are traveling back to have some warranty work, we already have a local Cedar Creek dealer that will do any future warranty work should the need arise.
Walter & Donna
2011 CC LB RAM 3500 CTD 6.7L DRW
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL
2014 Days Camping: 35

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #18
We also ordered the discontinued 21FB. Ours is due in around the first part of February. Luckily, our local dealer was able to get the order in before the cutoff date. You are correct, very similar to the other 21 models only without the slide out.

acsimon is offline   Reply With Quote