Old 09-26-2015, 12:24 AM   #11

As already noted if you use a tablet spend the $10 for Allstays Camp and RV. It is invaluable not only for campsites but for truck stops along your route. I like to use the hybrid mode so I can look at the satellite view to ensure what I am getting into. With a 42 foot trailer I am sure you will want to go to the diesel truck lanes and know your way in and out.

Take a jiffy lift or something similar if you are changing your own tires if you have a flat..
Jiffy Jack | Hitches Online.

I use rvtripwizard.com to plan our trip. Takes a little use to get it down but it is a nice little app. Seems much easier the the Good Sam travel app. $10 for this app.

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:50 AM   #12

We love fort wilderness at Disney and stay there several times each year. That is where our trip is in November. Just a quick word of advice for fort wilderness make sure you link everyone's reservations so they can get you all next to each other. If your kids are young they will probably enjoy the campfire show and movie so try to plan at least one night to do that. We spend a lot of time at Disney and my boys love doing the resort activities.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB

Old 09-28-2015, 04:27 PM   #13

I wouldn't pay $10 for the Allstays app, Good Sam and RV Parky are free apps.
If you already use Good Sam Trip Planner you should be good to go. I don't like those big truck stops even the one that I get price discounts. Around here they are still 25 to 30 cents more then other low cost fuel stations. Good Luck
Old 09-28-2015, 08:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
I wouldn't pay $10 for the Allstays app, Good Sam and RV Parky are free apps.
If you already use Good Sam Trip Planner you should be good to go. I don't like those big truck stops even the one that I get price discounts. Around here they are still 25 to 30 cents more then other low cost fuel stations. Good Luck
Different strokes for different folks. Allstays puts the Good Sam and RV Park to shame. Just much easier IMHO. $10 for crying out loud. Will be the best $10 you spend. Trip to a fast food joint is more than that and you only pay once. No renewal fee like Good Sam (membership) and you can look anywhere in the U.S. in seconds.

I used to go to most any fuel station but once you get a bigger rig it is almost impossible, especially for diesel which can be pump specific and slow as heck. Truck pumps are fast!

Old 09-29-2015, 12:17 AM   #15
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Different strokes for different folks. Allstays puts the Good Sam and RV Park to shame.
X2, having used a few different apps; I find I go to Allstays before any other now that I have it.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:27 AM   #16

And the most important item to bring, your wallet
Days camped in 2015, 0 Days so far (0)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:42 AM   #17

thanks for the heads up, I have downloaded the fuel apps and my FIL has the allstays app, I'll check out the trip planner app today.

I believe we have linked the reservations online, I have to call and check agsin , the last time I called they advised there's no way to reserve sites next to each other.

finished checkin the TV over last night, still have to grease the hitch and pick up 5er Thursday for a final load out that evening.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stone View Post
And the most important item to bring, your wallet
Lol, sometime both wallets! But I'm at the point in life that convienence and lack of frustration is worth a little more to me. Everyday driving, go to the main pumps, pulling a 37' 5ver go to the big boy pumps. In/out, fast, no worry but yes a bit more....

Old 09-29-2015, 11:32 AM   #19
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Lol, sometime both wallets! But I'm at the point in life that convienence and lack of frustration is worth a little more to me. Everyday driving, go to the main pumps, pulling a 37' 5ver go to the big boy pumps. In/out, fast, no worry but yes a bit more....
Yep, I happily pay a little more for the ease of using the trucker pumps.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I personally like driving at night. My wife & kids will sleep and I can listen to the radio in peace and/or just reflect on the day's or week's events. Naturally I do this only on trips we've made before and have seen the sights along the way.