Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #1

Long Term RV Parks ?

Anyone have experience with long term RV parks?

I'm looking into some local ones and would appreciate any advice.

Looks like I can get into a park for ~$130 more per month than I'm currently paying for storage.

Thanks for any feedback.
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaSteve View Post
Anyone have experience with long term RV parks?

I'm looking into some local ones and would appreciate any advice.

Looks like I can get into a park for ~$130 more per month than I'm currently paying for storage.

Thanks for any feedback.
Only thing I would worry about is the security of the rig there as it wouldn't be in a secured area but then again if there are people around to keep an eye on it and it's close enough to check on it might not be a bad idea. Is the place where you keep it now covered and or have power? If not I might be inclined to pay the extra money on a covered storage place with power so that you can keep a space heater going in the rig. Cold moist air is a killer of RVs over time just as excessive heat is.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #3

Is the park open to the public or do you have to be a member? If it is open to the public you don't know you will come in and chances are are they may not come back and no one is watching out for your stuff. I have found that if it is a members only, the members will keep an eye on things while you are not there and will report anything that is not right to the campground security. People that buy in to a membership want a place that is safe and orderly.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #4

Good questions.. Here is what I've found out so far:

- The RV park is on private land that connects with a state park that has full amenities (pool, hiking and biking trails, etc.) and lake access (Lake Tenkiller near Gore Oklahoma)
- I'm paying $41 a month now for storage. This would be $170 a month + the electricity that I use.
- They encourage you to build a small deck or put up a shed if you like
- Includes free boat storage, but I don't own a boat
- Each slot includes water and sewer with a 50A hookup
- The slots are 50ft by 65ft
- No contracts / no long term commitments. If they like you, you are a guest on their land. They don't like you, you are trespassing
- The owners live there year round. Seem to be nice / good people.
- The place is ~90 miles from my home. 80 miles of the drive is 75MPH highway, so it takes about 1 hour 15 minutes to get there.
- It's located 10 miles north of I-40.. So I have easy access to the interstate system when we want to travel
- No cable TV, but my rig would face south so the dish should lock right in
- $15 a month wi-fi, but we have good cell signal so I can do a BTPAN to connect the laptop to the internet via the wife's iPhone using bluetooth and avoid the $15/month
- No membership fees.. You pay and you stay..

Seems like a good deal overall, but I've never done one of these.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #5

TulsaSteve,

I think the rv park you are talking about is the one we will be staying at March 12-15. It will be our first time there. It's early in the season but we thought we would check it out with two of our GD's while they're on spring break. We'll probably return a few times this summer if everything goes well. Owners do seem real friendly. Nice park along the river & lots to do. Maybe we'll see you there some time.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #6

I should have included the name / link in case anyone knows them.

I'm looking at:

http://meadow-park.com/
Old 02-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #7

That's a different rv park than the one we'll be staying at, Marvel Family Camping Resort. It's just a few miles north of Gore before you get to the dam. They have a few permanent campers so I thought it might be the same one you were talking about.

Meadow Park looks nice though. Should be a safe place to store your MH and spend a weekend when not traveling.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #8

Marval looks very nice and well run. I visited the park last year when I was in the area, but haven't stayed there.

Have fun with the grand kids!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Good questions.. Here is what I've found out so far:

- The RV park is on private land that connects with a state park that has full amenities (pool, hiking and biking trails, etc.) and lake access (Lake Tenkiller near Gore Oklahoma)
- I'm paying $41 a month now for storage. This would be $170 a month + the electricity that I use.
- They encourage you to build a small deck or put up a shed if you like
- Includes free boat storage, but I don't own a boat
- Each slot includes water and sewer with a 50A hookup
- The slots are 50ft by 65ft
- No contracts / no long term commitments. If they like you, you are a guest on their land. They don't like you, you are trespassing
- The owners live there year round. Seem to be nice / good people.
- The place is ~90 miles from my home. 80 miles of the drive is 75MPH highway, so it takes about 1 hour 15 minutes to get there.
- It's located 10 miles north of I-40.. So I have easy access to the interstate system when we want to travel
- No cable TV, but my rig would face south so the dish should lock right in
- $15 a month wi-fi, but we have good cell signal so I can do a BTPAN to connect the laptop to the internet via the wife's iPhone using bluetooth and avoid the $15/month
- No membership fees.. You pay and you stay..

Seems like a good deal overall, but I've never done one of these.
Well, It's good that the owners live there, so that means that someone is watching. The plan sounds good and the reason there are no contracts is so that they can put you out at any time and for any reason with no legal ties. You can always check around with some of the other folks that have spent some time there to see if there as been any problems. If all pans out It sounds like a good deal. Make sure you check with the owner to see what rules there are for the campground, just make sure they are in black and white. Good luck with your decision......
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Well, It's good that the owners live there, so that means that someone is watching. The plan sounds good and the reason there are no contracts is so that they can put you out at any time and for any reason with no legal ties. You can always check around with some of the other folks that have spent some time there to see if there as been any problems. If all pans out It sounds like a good deal. Make sure you check with the owner to see what rules there are for the campground, just make sure they are in black and white. Good luck with your decision......
Excellent advice. I'll definitely do that. Thanks to everyone. Wife and I decided to do it for a year. We figure that if we do everything in the area, then we can move to a new lake in a year or two.

Worst case we don't get along with the neighbors or owners and we put her in drive and mosey down the road. I really love having a motorhome!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Excellent advice. I'll definitely do that. Thanks to everyone. Wife and I decided to do it for a year. We figure that if we do everything in the area, then we can move to a new lake in a year or two.

Worst case we don't get along with the neighbors or owners and we put her in drive and mosey down the road. I really love having a motorhome!
Good for you Steve, let us know how you like it. There is an RV park overlooking Lake Roosevelt above Grand Coulee Dam where we like to fish that has year long agreements for $2000. It includes water, power, wifi and they too allow you to put in a lawn, build a storage shed, put up a gazebo or a fence across the front of the site, real nice view too as it is about 100' above the lake. We would really consider this after we retire. Would love to know how it works out for you guys.

Enjoy!
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote