Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #1

Looking at Rockwood Sig. Ultra Lite 8329SS

We are looking to purchase a travel trailer. We spent the day with a local dealer reviewing the Rockwood line. Our choice is the Signiture Ultra Lite model 8329SS. This is our first look at Rockwood / Forest River. We would appreciate any feedback concerning the company and your experience with similar products.
I also have questions concerning how much of a mark up there really is in looking at the msrp ..... Hope you can help.....John
Irish Reb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #2

We bought a flagstaff 831 RKSS. 2012. No problems yet ( except I had a blow out on trail express tires less than 700 miles on tires)
I've filed with lionhead there rep .
I like the TT , don't forget about the 2nd yr warranty from FR for 150.00
Overall pleased
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #3

I went to the Rockwood factory before X-mas in Millersburg, IN and got a tour of the assembly line. This was most impressive to say the least and I highly advise you to do the same if at all possible. Two days later I placed an order for a 2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3006W.....if that tells you anything. If you find a good reputable dealer as I did in Labadie RV in Holland, Ohio.....they will work with you on price to earn your business. The Rockwood emloyees are 80% Amish.....thus the fit and finish that is second to none, and I have been looking for 3 years before deciding on the Rockwood TT. The PDI (Pre-delivery-inspection) process at the factory is incredible. It is very doubtful there are any issues when the dealers receive these units. I can't wait to see my unit sometime in February. We have been camping in a popup for several years and look very forward to having a "REAL" camper. I also want to consider adding a second battery to my TT. Unless we camp offline it may not even be a neccessity.....I will find out.

SAILINGERIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Owner/Operator

We are ordering our 8289WS on Monday. Been though the options a hundred times, and have it nailed down. This will be our 8th 5th Wheel, but our first FR.

I wish they offered an option on the Tires, like Michelin. Might just change them out when we get the trailer and hopefully be ahead of that fiasco.

I'll also replace the Interstate Battery with probably 3 of the Interstate Optimums. No venting requirement with them, so easy to do.

And of course, this Forum is a wealth of information for owners of any kind.

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote