Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #1

looking for serial number

hello my name is Tony i am new to this sight. im looking for some help. i have a 2000 forest river flagstaff i bought about a year or so ago. it needed some work. over the oast year i have been getting it ready to use. but of course i lost the title. i never transfered it to my name and i bought it out of state and cannot reach the old owner. i need the serial number to apply for the title. i cant find it anywhere. there is a sticker on the right side of the frame that looks like it may have been there. but it is worn out. i check the frame and all around the propane tank. i cannot find it. does anyone know where it is or have any suggestion. i would really appreciate it. thank you.
tonyl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyl123 View Post
hello my name is Tony i am new to this sight. im looking for some help. i have a 2000 forest river flagstaff i bought about a year or so ago. it needed some work. over the oast year i have been getting it ready to use. but of course i lost the title. i never transfered it to my name and i bought it out of state and cannot reach the old owner. i need the serial number to apply for the title. i cant find it anywhere. there is a sticker on the right side of the frame that looks like it may have been there. but it is worn out. i check the frame and all around the propane tank. i cannot find it. does anyone know where it is or have any suggestion. i would really appreciate it. thank you.
Welcome to the forum.

Look inside all the kitchen cupboard doors.
There's usually one there on a flagstaff.

Normally its stamped into the a frame as well.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #3

i will chec in the kitchen doors. i did chec the frame but cannot see any. thanks
Old 04-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Just thinking outloud but the previous owner is going to have to get the duplicate title.
Since you never titled it is still in there name soooo they have to get title.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #5

Is there an exterior sticker with all the weights listed? It's usually on there too. Probably on the street side (side without the door) near the front.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #6

Just another thought.....Maybe on the inside of the main door or the door frame with weights and serial number would be there too. Newer units it is a yellow sticker that is put on at the factory as it leaves the assembly area.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Just thinking outloud but the previous owner is going to have to get the duplicate title.
Since you never titled it is still in there name soooo they have to get title.

Turbs
X2 It is very hard to get a title here if you have never had one without the original owners signature........... The sticker has probably faded to the point of not being able to read it ..... It should be stamped into the frame some where Usually on the tongue but if the tongue has been repainted it may be covered over.

Hopefully someone with the same age Flagstaff can help.............

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #8

the frame has never been painted i found alot of numbers and warnings. the inside of the door has the weights and model number. is it going to be a 17 digit vin# like a car? im trying to reach someone from forest river but i cannot even find a customer number. and my local rv dealer cannot help. they have a couple used ones and cannot find the serial number on them. i found a old set of license plates under one one the cabinets but no registration papers.