Old 09-27-2016, 03:33 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I've had slides since the mid 90's and have never had a problem with any of them, other than maybe a seal or slight adjustment over time. The benefit far outweighs any downside in my opinion. Most slide issues are generally from not being adjusted or lubed properly.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #12

Oh no it is fixed, a simple one and back to 'working' but the added stress that the motor never sounds strong enough and it's hesitation that comes with the type of motor put in the Foresters just doesn't feel right,

I am a worrier and it has given us enough glitches that I don't trust it and never will.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #13

Let me clarify that I am NOT anti slide. My current trailer has 2 of them. One of my biggest regrets on my trailer is that it is nearly unusable with the slides closed which means that I need to level the trailer, lower the stabilizers and open the slides even for just a quick overnight in a Walmart parking lot. Having usable space without requiring slides is alot more convenient.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:41 PM   #14

Slides

NO SLIDES. We bought a brand new 2016 Georgetown and it's been in the shop for the same thing; SLIDE OUT! I agree with CFRITTS, we pray every time we use the slide out, wondering if the slide is going to work or not and on every trip we've taken (4, since May), the slide out broke, the last two times it damaged the interior wall that separates the living area and bathroom. In fact! it's sitting in the shop right now waiting to be fixed again! I have the same concerns as CFRITTS; the motor isn't strong enough!

Slide outs manufactured through Forest River are junk, Joshua Cavitt!
Old 09-27-2016, 06:06 PM   #15

I love my 2300 Sunseeker. No slides. Just took the dinette out and replaced with two executive chairs. Very comfortable. Plenty of room and also have 2 dogs. My only thought is that you have to be able to get in and out of a bed with no walk around.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:20 PM   #16

I have a sunseeker 3170ds. I have not had any trouble with the slides but it is a constant fear that they will break. I would like the 2300. No slides and if you get it on the Chevy chassis a ton of cargo capacity.

On edit: it looks like they may be building the 2300 on the e450 chassis as well. This would give this class C a good deal of cargo capacity.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:39 PM   #17

To each his own I guess. We don't own a class c, but on our Hemi, we have 3 slides and never had any problems. Have had slides on the last 4 campers we have had. I am not going to go without something just in case it might break.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #18

I have a friend that was looking @ the Winnebago Vista,,, very plain interior ???
Old 09-28-2016, 09:46 AM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Timfromma, there is a big difference between a trailer and a motorhome, as being discussed here, and usable space with the slides closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-28-2016, 10:03 AM   #20

I have the Solera24S( now Forester.) l love my slide out! It is not as large or heavy as the 'W' model. Visitors are always amazed at how much extra space there is with the slide out. I love it, I'm not tripping over my dogs and their beds. I've put over 20, 000 miles on my Solera and have never had a single problem with my slideout. I just spray underneath on occasion with a slide out spray.
Before I purchased my RV, I looked at the smaller Class B and MBZ Sprinters w/o slide. For a similar price you got a shower with a toilet in it that you could barely stand up in. Maybe ok for a weekend, but not for the extended trips I was planning on taking. My 24.8 feet is still very manueverable, easy to find parking and be spontaneous. I do city driving with it all the time. Today I'm in Los Angeles traffic- no problem! I am a single female too without a 'spotter' to help park.

Tags
class c, motorhome, slide