Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2016, 08:18 AM   #1

Looking for smallest class c motorhome with slide

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but under general motorhomes it was broken down by brands. I would like to find a motorhome in the 19-22' range with a slide. Does anyone make such a thing?
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:28 AM   #2
Class C Representative

At the Forester/Sunseeker plant the smallest motorhome we make is 23'-10".

You may like our new transit floorplans. I've attached a link for you.

Sunseeker Motorhomes by Forest River RV
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
Insert witty title here

Slides are just one more thing that can cause problems. If you can find a unit with no slides with a floor plan you like, go for it.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:59 AM   #4

We have the Forest River Forester 22 foot 2291S, which when we measured it to fit on our driveway is 25' bumper to bumper. It has a dinette slide. We chose that style because we bring our two dogs with us and that extra width really ads more floor space in the kitchen/living area.
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:54 AM   #5
Class C Representative

There is far more that could go right from having a slide than what could go wrong. Explore all your options!
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #6

Coachmen Freelander

We have a 2015 Coachmen Freelander 21QB without a slide and love it. Easy to drive with enough room for the two of us but we have also had our daughter, son in law, two grand children and their dog stay with us for a weekend. Little crowded but fun!

Maybe check out the Coachmen Freelander 21RS or 22QB which both have slides.

dbutusov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #7

I am with Timfromma, run from the slides. Run. It was one of the things I wanted and now the thing I hate the most. Too much stress.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfritts View Post
I am with Timfromma, run from the slides. Run. It was one of the things I wanted and now the thing I hate the most. Too much stress.

I'm curious why?

Toni and Sal
2016 Forester 2291S
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:00 PM   #9

we have the forester 2401WS. The motor(s) does not sound like it is powerful enough to put the slide in and out. Many times, despite doing the cycle of waiting 3-5 seconds are executing it in or out, it stops, have to go back in the other direction, then start over and pray it will continue.

One of our rollers came off while camping so we didn't feel comfortable putting it back out again so we used it closed up.

Basically we both, literally, hold our breath fearing it won't come back in when we are ready to leave somewhere and I am constantly thinking ahead as to a local onsite RV repair company or practicing in my mind how to over-ride the motor to manually push it back in and then block it inside so it won't slide out driving home.

The one thing we thought we wanted was all the room the side out gives us and in the end all it does is cause stress.

And we aren't the only ones, of the people we know personally they would never do a slide again and / or have not bought up to a slide.

In the end I would go with less room and no slide. It's not worth the issues.

Oh and one time we were at the dealer and someone drove in with their slide out part way out because it was stuck (older but not old class c motorhome). I don't need that additional stress.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniandSal View Post
I'm curious why?

Toni and Sal
2016 Forester 2291S
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
I am curious as well. I have had slides on my class c, TT and my current class A. I have never had a single issue. I would never have a unit without them as we love the extra room they provide.

Just like anything else with proper maintenance they perform flawlessly. But things do happen and parts wear out. If one of mine broke and I couldn't repair it I would have it repaired elsewhere.

I don't understand leaving something broken and just living with it.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:33 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I've had slides since the mid 90's and have never had a problem with any of them, other than maybe a seal or slight adjustment over time. The benefit far outweighs any downside in my opinion. Most slide issues are generally from not being adjusted or lubed properly.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #12

Oh no it is fixed, a simple one and back to 'working' but the added stress that the motor never sounds strong enough and it's hesitation that comes with the type of motor put in the Foresters just doesn't feel right,

I am a worrier and it has given us enough glitches that I don't trust it and never will.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #13
Insert witty title here

Let me clarify that I am NOT anti slide. My current trailer has 2 of them. One of my biggest regrets on my trailer is that it is nearly unusable with the slides closed which means that I need to level the trailer, lower the stabilizers and open the slides even for just a quick overnight in a Walmart parking lot. Having usable space without requiring slides is alot more convenient.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:41 PM   #14

Slides

NO SLIDES. We bought a brand new 2016 Georgetown and it's been in the shop for the same thing; SLIDE OUT! I agree with CFRITTS, we pray every time we use the slide out, wondering if the slide is going to work or not and on every trip we've taken (4, since May), the slide out broke, the last two times it damaged the interior wall that separates the living area and bathroom. In fact! it's sitting in the shop right now waiting to be fixed again! I have the same concerns as CFRITTS; the motor isn't strong enough!

Slide outs manufactured through Forest River are junk, Joshua Cavitt!
Ready2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:06 PM   #15

I love my 2300 Sunseeker. No slides. Just took the dinette out and replaced with two executive chairs. Very comfortable. Plenty of room and also have 2 dogs. My only thought is that you have to be able to get in and out of a bed with no walk around.
Maggiewaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:20 PM   #16

I have a sunseeker 3170ds. I have not had any trouble with the slides but it is a constant fear that they will break. I would like the 2300. No slides and if you get it on the Chevy chassis a ton of cargo capacity.

On edit: it looks like they may be building the 2300 on the e450 chassis as well. This would give this class C a good deal of cargo capacity.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:39 PM   #17

To each his own I guess. We don't own a class c, but on our Hemi, we have 3 slides and never had any problems. Have had slides on the last 4 campers we have had. I am not going to go without something just in case it might break.
pacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #18

I have a friend that was looking @ the Winnebago Vista,,, very plain interior ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:46 AM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Timfromma, there is a big difference between a trailer and a motorhome, as being discussed here, and usable space with the slides closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:03 AM   #20

I have the Solera24S( now Forester.) l love my slide out! It is not as large or heavy as the 'W' model. Visitors are always amazed at how much extra space there is with the slide out. I love it, I'm not tripping over my dogs and their beds. I've put over 20, 000 miles on my Solera and have never had a single problem with my slideout. I just spray underneath on occasion with a slide out spray.
Before I purchased my RV, I looked at the smaller Class B and MBZ Sprinters w/o slide. For a similar price you got a shower with a toilet in it that you could barely stand up in. Maybe ok for a weekend, but not for the extended trips I was planning on taking. My 24.8 feet is still very manueverable, easy to find parking and be spontaneous. I do city driving with it all the time. Today I'm in Los Angeles traffic- no problem! I am a single female too without a 'spotter' to help park.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, motorhome, slide