Old 09-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #1

Looking for smallest class c motorhome with slide

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but under general motorhomes it was broken down by brands. I would like to find a motorhome in the 19-22' range with a slide. Does anyone make such a thing?

Old 09-26-2016, 09:28 AM   #2
Class C Representative

At the Forester/Sunseeker plant the smallest motorhome we make is 23'-10".

You may like our new transit floorplans. I've attached a link for you.

Sunseeker Motorhomes by Forest River RV

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #3

Slides are just one more thing that can cause problems. If you can find a unit with no slides with a floor plan you like, go for it.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:59 AM   #4

We have the Forest River Forester 22 foot 2291S, which when we measured it to fit on our driveway is 25' bumper to bumper. It has a dinette slide. We chose that style because we bring our two dogs with us and that extra width really ads more floor space in the kitchen/living area.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:54 AM   #5
Class C Representative

There is far more that could go right from having a slide than what could go wrong. Explore all your options!
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:36 PM   #6

Coachmen Freelander

We have a 2015 Coachmen Freelander 21QB without a slide and love it. Easy to drive with enough room for the two of us but we have also had our daughter, son in law, two grand children and their dog stay with us for a weekend. Little crowded but fun!

Maybe check out the Coachmen Freelander 21RS or 22QB which both have slides.

Old 09-27-2016, 01:50 PM   #7

I am with Timfromma, run from the slides. Run. It was one of the things I wanted and now the thing I hate the most. Too much stress.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfritts View Post
I am with Timfromma, run from the slides. Run. It was one of the things I wanted and now the thing I hate the most. Too much stress.

I'm curious why?

Toni and Sal
2016 Forester 2291S
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-27-2016, 04:00 PM   #9

we have the forester 2401WS. The motor(s) does not sound like it is powerful enough to put the slide in and out. Many times, despite doing the cycle of waiting 3-5 seconds are executing it in or out, it stops, have to go back in the other direction, then start over and pray it will continue.

One of our rollers came off while camping so we didn't feel comfortable putting it back out again so we used it closed up.

Basically we both, literally, hold our breath fearing it won't come back in when we are ready to leave somewhere and I am constantly thinking ahead as to a local onsite RV repair company or practicing in my mind how to over-ride the motor to manually push it back in and then block it inside so it won't slide out driving home.

The one thing we thought we wanted was all the room the side out gives us and in the end all it does is cause stress.

And we aren't the only ones, of the people we know personally they would never do a slide again and / or have not bought up to a slide.

In the end I would go with less room and no slide. It's not worth the issues.

Oh and one time we were at the dealer and someone drove in with their slide out part way out because it was stuck (older but not old class c motorhome). I don't need that additional stress.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniandSal View Post
I'm curious why?

Toni and Sal
2016 Forester 2291S
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
I am curious as well. I have had slides on my class c, TT and my current class A. I have never had a single issue. I would never have a unit without them as we love the extra room they provide.

Just like anything else with proper maintenance they perform flawlessly. But things do happen and parts wear out. If one of mine broke and I couldn't repair it I would have it repaired elsewhere.

I don't understand leaving something broken and just living with it.

Tags
class c, motorhome, slide