Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2015, 12:58 AM   #1

Looking for suggestions

In October I traded in our class C on a 2011 Georgetown 337. On our walk thru, test drive we found a few things that needed to be fixed. One week later we picked it up. On the way home we found the back up side view cameras still weren't working all the time. Of course it worked in parking lot. Called right when we got home. Found a few other minor issues in the following week. Took it back to dealer. They took pictures and wrote our concerns on work order. Were told it would be in the shop Monday morning. Friday they finally get it in. Parts need to be ordered. We needed to pick it up before they came in. Had reservation in Myrtle Beach. Rained before we left. Steady stream inside. Call again. I looked, couldn't find obvious spot. Was supposed to be air tested before we picked it up.After we got back we we take it back. Tell them everything that is going on. Ask to have them winterize it. Ten days later we finally hear from them. Curtain is fixed but we now have 700 labor water freeze issue. Service manager will make a deal and split it with us. Still no word on other issues.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:14 AM   #2
Site Team

Any chance you have the winterize request in writing on the work document?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:18 AM   #3

Yes had to send them a e-mail. Our service person wasn't in so the other one said to send it to make sure she knew.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:37 AM   #4
Site Team

The downside with an email is being able to prove that the other person received it. The next problem could be with keeping it intact as originally sent. Email can easily be alter. Hopefully someone will be able to offer some sound feedback to you.

It's not always possible but sometimes using a smart phone to video tape or take pictures of an problem when it's occurring can be worth a thousand words. I was having a microwave oven issue that would only happen when I was using the microwave. I video taped the issue and the tech was able to see what was happening. In my case it was user error.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote