Old 12-04-2015, 05:20 PM   #1

Lost water pressure in one faucet only--stumped!

Just bought a 2008 forest river salem-- 40 foot travel trailer. I bought it to live in and don't plan on traveling in it so I have been hooked up to a water line since I got it (3 weeks ago). For 3 weeks the water pressure was excellent, better than i had expected. All the sudden I lost pressure in the kitchen only(both hot and cold water). The faucet fixture is new, and i completely took it apart to ensure the problem was not there. I also took off the outside filter, and replaced the filter underneath the bathroom sink (i dont have any filters under the kitchen sink). Still no change! Water is only trickling from the faucet, barely any flow at all. I also have a shurflo (Water pump?) under the bathroom sink, could this have anything to do with it? Water pressure in bathroom is excellent still.. I am very new to all of this and pretty frustrated!! I have read almost every post on FRF on this issue and am still stumped, any help is very much appreciated.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:38 PM   #2

Unscrew the water faucet aerator, clean screen.

All to common problem from junk in the lines and tank from the construction process.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:47 PM   #3

The aerator is the thing at the end of the faucet where the water comes out.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Unscrew the water faucet aerator, clean screen.

All to common problem from junk in the lines and tank from the construction process.
Thank you but if you read carefully you'll see I already did that. I'm positive the problem is not at the faucet
Old 12-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #5

You say that the kitchen fixture is new?? What does that refer to ? Has it ever worked?

Russell
Old 12-04-2015, 08:29 PM   #6

Not to be rude but this is what they are talking about. Might have to use pliers to break loose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1449278479.225222.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	95595.

You say that you have a bee faucet. Never seen a camper with valves to the kitchen. On outside kitchen I have.

If you have flow at other fixtures it has to be in the fixture messing up. The first time I had to use channel lock pliers to break the fitting loose. Took the pressure reducer out as you can see. If you have that off and no flow it's up the lines further. Understand completely that it can frustrating. Once we know for sure that this not the problem by you double checking then someone else might have had the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjellyfish View Post
Thank you but if you read carefully you'll see I already did that. I'm positive the problem is not at the faucet

I believe there is pipe blockage as you surmise. Any way to connect a compressed air source to the faucet hose and blowback with 25 psi both hot and cold at the same time? Fixtures like that often have a "restrictor" built in, could be plugged.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjellyfish View Post
Interesting..

Quote:
Just bought a 2008 forest river salem-- 40 foot travel trailer.
Is the sink in/on a slideout?
Old 12-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #9

Does your faucet have a hand sprayer? I've had the diverters fill up with debris and reduce the flow to a trickle.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Interesting..

Is the sink in/on a slideout?
Sink is not on a slide out, and worked fine for almost a month. I'm trying to figure out how to upload a picture I took where you can see I totally removed the head of the faucet where the aerator is. I even disconnected the entire faucet hose and blew air through it easily.

Tags
faucet, pressure, water