Old 12-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #1

Talking Love my Rockwood . . .

. . . I have a 2011 Rockwood Ultralite but thinking of buying a new Forest River product again (we want a rear living room suite RV) . . . can anyone tell me the best quality RV that Forest River offers ?

Old 12-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

That's a bit of a loaded question. Forest River make many different campers at different price points...I wouldn't necessary say that if you're buying one of the higher-end units that it will be problem free or that an economy segment camper will be full of problems. The difference is more to do with amenities/equipment/size that position the price of the unit.

Hope this helps...

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #3

Thanks, Dave. Yeah, I know any unit can have problems. I guess I am looking for the best quality interior in a unit they offer. Thanks, Beth
Old 12-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

The best quality interior would more likely be in their high-end units like Cardinal, Cedar Creek, Columbus (Palomino), Sanibel (Prime Time) and Trilogy. May not mean that it's appealing to you.

My suggestion is to search the available floorplans and find the one that most suits your needs. You'll find that there's the same floorplan (or variation of), in every division of Forest River. They'll be a different prices point depending on amenities/features...pick the one that appeals to you and fits your definition of value.

Perhaps you can then narrow it down to a short list and go see them at a local dealer or show. Nothing like spending some time in them to see the positives/negatives.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #5

It's hard to call that one. When I was shopping for my current trailer, I saw one (not the floor plan I was looking for, but the same trailer) and the Flagstaff equivalent. They were the same trailer with almost the same options and pricing, but I walked away thinking the Rockwood interior was superior to the Flagstaff. Interestingly enough, it was the other way around on another set I was looking at. Definitely crawl around in a few before you decide on one brand over another across the board.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
The best quality interior would more likely be in their high-end units like Cardinal, Cedar Creek, Columbus (Palomino), Sanibel (Prime Time) and Trilogy. May not mean that it's appealing to you.

You covered the top of the line, but I would throw in Rockwood Signature Ultra-lite (or the Flagstaff equivalent), Lacrosse, and Sabre as possibilities in the middle of the FR products. Might not be quite as high-end as the ones listed above, but with the option packages these are pretty nice as well.

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Hoover View Post
. . . I have a 2011 Rockwood Ultralite but thinking of buying a new Forest River product again (we want a rear living room suite RV) . . . can anyone tell me the best quality RV that Forest River offers ?
I'll echo what Dave said. Find the floor-plan that fits best - and exploer who has it or ones close to it!

We had a 'brand-X' bunk-house with the kids, but after the last one left, we move to a rear living floorplan. We thought that'd fit just the 2 of us better! and it did!

Best I found at the time was the Rockwood 8314SS (Sig Ultra-Lite).. and it worked great for our needs as most trips were 2 weeks or less. This year we were planning on a longer run (8+ weeks).. and I asked if there were any 'friction points' with the 8314. I didn't expect much response as we'd hit the RV shows every year and hadn't found ANYTHING we liked better or with enough improvements to warrant the move.

I was wrong!

We found the Flagstaff 832 IKBS at this spring's RV show and with the additional slides, it allowed a lot more living room space! a kitchen plan she liked better, the bedroom slide AND that huge wardrobe in it!! I also like the technical advances since the 07.. all LED lights, improved control panel, winterization system, power awnings, power stabilizers, etc.
NOW it made sense to make the leap and we ordered one with just the bells & whistles we wanted.

We even went and did a tour while they were doing a run of them. Interestingly enough, both the Rockwood & Flagstaff units with that floorplan went down the same line. Only difference was the decals!

As with anything new and assembled with sub-components, not all of them will always be up to par. We had some of that and I'd expect similar in anything NEW with wheels! How they handled it carried some weight as well and being told to 'visit the dealer on this issue' while 500 miles from home wasn't a good direction - but with some dialog, we did come to some common ground where I'd procure the part locally, install it and send the failed component back. and get reimbursed for the parts.

Didn't mean to ramble here.. but just wanted to throw in my $00.02 worth (a pre-tax figure btw!)..
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #8

hope you find one you love we got a flagstaff super light 27rlws emerald addition has all the bells and whistles have only used it on 2 short trips love large living room and lots of counter space lots of storage good luck on your search for your new rv and enjoy
Old 12-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #9

We found that the Flagstaff 8321 and the Rockwood 8329 would be ideal for us as seasonal campers. We don't tow any more. We went with the Rockwood.

Tags
rockwood