Old 09-17-2016, 10:25 PM   #1

Love our new 8281WS, Are you passionate about your RV and travels?

Just curious...
We've been RV owners for more than 30 years. Until now all travel trailers, and loved them all (well, most)... So we usually do a couple vacations a year and 5-6 weekends. However, it's different now, we can't get enough. It's not the new, we've had new before. This rig, Rockwood Signature, feels more like a second home. My 84 year old mom travels with us. She now has her own bedroom and bathroom. We immediately removed the small jack-knife sofa (too short to stretch out) and got her a nice futon, full size with a wonderful mem foam mattress. It's pretty special to her.
I guess part of it is that we are 11 months away from retirement (34 years Postal). We will then be at least "half-timers".
Finally my question.... For those of you reading this who understand what I mean... When did it change for you, what lit your passion?? Does the travel bug leave?
Pretty mushy for our first post, but would be nice to hear from other passionate travelers.
Thanks, happy travels.

2011 Dodge 2500 w Hemi
Mods completed = 10
Camping Days 2016 = 46 Nights, 21 More Booked!
Texanmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:25 PM   #2

We are a little under 4 years to retirement (DW still working to pay for my habits) until we can make our first "mushy" post about lighting the travel passion bug. Anxious to see what others say about the subject.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #3

Just hold on... Your time will fly by, we went on a full on Dave Ramsey no debt assault about 6 years ago.... Its a great ride!
2011 Dodge 2500 w Hemi
Mods completed = 10
Old 09-19-2016, 05:51 AM   #4

We love our 2016 Forester 22' Class C. It fits on the driveway to the inch, so I can easily pack in what we need, clean, and just go sit inside with the dogs and check what else needs to be done. We are retired teachers, DH in 2013 and me in 2014. After a one time only 6400 mile cross country and back this past July, we are now planning on keeping our travel in our western states. Love beach camping and waking to the sound of crashing waves. My now goal is one trip of 2 to 4 nights each month. This month is Silver Strand Beach in Coronado, San Diego. October and November trips will be San Elijo State Beach. All trips include our two little poodle loves. When we find the right Jeep toad we will start taking longer trips north to Carpenteria, Paso Robles, oregon coast and Washington.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:31 AM   #5

We can wait for the longer trips, we really enjoy the 3-4 days too. We stay for a couple of weeks every summer at Jamaica Beach rv resort in Galveston. Its an amazing destination. Ours in under cover right next to our house... we've done the same thing... just sit and plan
2011 Dodge 2500 w Hemi
Mods completed = 10
Old 09-19-2016, 07:59 AM   #6
RETIRED

My dear old dad lit my wanderlust, 6hour Sunday rides,yearly trips to visit grandad in FL, and tent camping thru out New England. Gave up camping (tent) after a soaking in Maine, still traveled just stayed at condos, motels, hotels, and summer houses. 2 years ago we started looking for an RV. Considered your Rockwood and a WindJammer, bought a pickup to tow with but push come to shove ended up with a 28'Sunseeker made more sense to us, New England CG's can be a little tight . Now that we're retired it's great to just hookup the toad and take off in the middle of the week or just take the rig with bikes on the back for a day trip with all the comforts of home in the back . So 60 years and counting and still have the bug.

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:59 AM   #7

We're still ten years or so from retirement but we're certainly passionate about camping.

Our girl is about to turn 12 - we've been doing this since she was not yet two and have made countless hours of precious memories in the process. At the end of this season we will have just shy of a year spent in the trailer over the past eleven... and we've logged every trip (see Trips). We try to get in a long trip (two weeks or more) every summer; next summer we're planning on a month-long trip.

Camping is, in my opinion, the best kind of family time.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:26 AM   #8

What a great website restcure...think my wife will love, she logs in book form only, pretty special to share!
2011 Dodge 2500 w Hemi
Mods completed = 10
Old 09-19-2016, 03:43 PM   #9

Everytime I get in the drivers seat and pull out of my driveway I get such a great feeling of freedom and adventure!!
I grew up in a camping family and always loved it. A small RV was on my bucket list for over 25 years. My ex never was interested in going anywhere or getting a motorhome. Right after my divorce I bought my Solera; 20,000 miles now in less than 2 1/2 yrs. and plenty of ideas where I intend to travel with my two dogs( better travel companions & never complain!!)
Old 09-19-2016, 04:21 PM   #10

We can"t get enough

Retired 6 years ago, never camped or rvd. in our lives. Bought a new Flagstaff 30 FKWSS 4 years ago. Ended up having to take care of our parents until just recently, no complaints on that but it did limit our trip to when we could arrange for help. We were fortunate to be able to take about 6 to 8 weeks of vacation each year. This year we spent 2 months in Florida and a week in Maine. Both absolutely wonderful. DW wants to go to Hawaii for our anniversary next spring so we have decided no more trips this year and I am really bummed. After that we are considering full time Rving. There is so much to see and we are afraid that there isn't enough time to see it all. I you are like us you will not be able to wait for your next trip. We have met so many nice folks that have shared their experiences with us and have made us even more excited to get out there. Good Luck and Happy Travels

Tags
travel