Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2017, 11:56 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigflag View Post
I've used it for over 4 years. First on the 30' motorhome and now on the TV with a 32' fiver. I find it to be very accurate both position and eta time. I have it on a tablet so I can use it in any of my vehicles. I like it because it doesn't rely on wifi or the lte network. I believe there is still a 14 day free trial period.
I downloaded the truck/RV version of SYGIC and noticed the free version is for 14 days. It turns me off when developers don't mention the cost involved for their "free apps." I am not complaining about paying for apps, my complaint is the failure to be upfront about the cost.

So what does it cost? I don't want to activate it today and use up my 14 days before I have a chance to see if it works for me.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #22

The price for the caravan/rv edition is $89. You can find the cost and features on the website Most advanced GPS Navigation app - Sygic | Bringing life to maps. I bought the full truck/caravan 4 years ago with a lifetime license for $114
Strigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigflag View Post
The price for the caravan/rv edition is $89. You can find the cost and features on the website Most advanced GPS Navigation app - Sygic | Bringing life to maps. I bought the full truck/caravan 4 years ago with a lifetime license for $114
Thanks for your quick response. Much less than a GPS only device.

I think I paid about $45 for Co-Pilot RV version but We don't play well together; and it has navigation errors.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #24

Boston tunnels are a no no with propane....... $10,000.00 fine if you get stopped. Certainly not worth the risk in my book. Also lower level of George Washington bridge. You don't want to go there anyway 'cause the toll for four axles is $70 +. Always go north to Tappan Zee bridge.
capt104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:27 PM   #25

I have to say that I too am very disappointed with the Rand-McNally RV GPS.
We've put in destinations where this GPS wants to take us half way around the world and sometimes in the opposite direction from where we should go. Sometimes it will not let you input the complete address and defer to a dropdown with completely unrelated street names.
In the car and on boats I have always been a Garmin fan but figured RV Rand would be a good way to go especially since it is related to GoodSam. Very often we just use our old Garmin or even an iphone instead.
capt104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #26

Rand McNally

We tried the Rand McNally as well. Was very inaccurate and gave bad directions. Wife threw it out the window.
RacerRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #27

[QUOTE=capt104;1572202]I have to say that I too am very disappointed with the Rand-McNally RV GPS.
Sometimes it will not let you input the complete address and defer to a dropdown with completely unrelated street names.

I agree, I had that problem too many times.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:40 PM   #28
jkoenig24

Several years ago, I pre-ordered the Rand McNally 7710RVND from Camping World. Delivery took several months longer than what was promised and, RM STILL didn't get it right. Bad hardware, bad software and TERRIBLE integration with the Mac OS (I don't know if their Windows apps were any better). Basically $400 wasted. I know that there is NO "perfect" GPS unit, especially for RVs. That said, ANY brand OTHER than Rand McNally, is preferable in my opinion. I find that strange as the RM paper maps/atlases are excellent (especially the Motor Carrier Road Atlas; just be sure to buy it at a REAL truck stop where it's heavily discounted).
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:50 PM   #29

Couple of years ago I also purchased a Rand McNally. After a month I returned it. Then purchased a Garmine RV gps that I have now had for 2 years. Completely satisfied with it, has not let me done once or send me astray.
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
Several years ago, I pre-ordered the Rand McNally 7710RVND from Camping World. Delivery took several months longer than what was promised and, RM STILL didn't get it right. Bad hardware, bad software and TERRIBLE integration with the Mac OS (I don't know if their Windows apps were any better). Basically $400 wasted. I know that there is NO "perfect" GPS unit, especially for RVs. That said, ANY brand OTHER than Rand McNally, is preferable in my opinion. I find that strange as the RM paper maps/atlases are excellent (especially the Motor Carrier Road Atlas; just be sure to buy it at a REAL truck stop where it's heavily discounted).
The Good Sam RM version that I have does not do Mac. I have to use an old Gateway laptop which I only use for this and one other program.

Tags
propane, weight