Old 11-14-2008, 01:11 AM   #1
Ray

Low point water drain

Does anyone have an idea where the low point water drain is on my Flagstaff 26 RLS.

2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 differential

Tow Package W/Integrated TT Brake Controller

2015 Open Range LT274 RLS
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:39 AM   #2
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Does anyone have an idea where the low point water drain is on my Flagstaff 26 RLS.
There are two of them, one for the hot water line and one for the cold. Try crawling under the trailer and finding where the drain tubes come through the underbelly. As a rule the drain valves are right above them on the inside of the trailer.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
Ray

dimurrrw

I have been under the trailer several times, and do not see any pipes sticking out. However, I shall give it another shot, and I'll also look for the valves inside the trailer.

Thanks so much for the reply.
2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 differential

Tow Package W/Integrated TT Brake Controller

2015 Open Range LT274 RLS
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:02 AM   #4
AKA Bluebird

In all the trailers I've owned the drain valves have been on the floor in one of the following locations: under the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink or the bathtub. In my 827 FLS they are under the bathtub and are a major PITA to get to.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #5

We've had our current Rockwood trailer for two years and I've now winterized it twice. I've followed all the plumbing lines that are accessible and as far as I know .... there are no "low-point" drains at all.

Furthermore, I've been under the trailer from one end to the other, twice, applying rust preventative spray on all metal parts and have never found or noticed any drain pipe exiting the trailer.

If anyone has the same trailer as ours (or the equivalent Flagstaff) and has, indeed, found a low-point drain, I'd sure like to know about it.

For what it's worth, we've had no problems winterizing as the antifreeze is pumped throughout the entire system.

John

Whoops, just noticed after posting, I don't have a signature file on this site.

We have a 2008 Rockwood 2603
Old 11-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #6

I have an 8314ss Rockwood, the low point drains are located on the left side of the camper near the city water hook up under the camper, the hot and cold water valves to drain are in the entertainment center far left hand lower cabinet just below the water filter cylinder. The entertainment center is right next to the bathroom where the shower is located. The lcaotion of the drains are approx center of the camper. I do not know your floor plan, but maybe this might help.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #7

First pic are the two discharge low point drain lines under the camper......Second pic is the lower left hand cabinet to the entertainment center......And third pic are the two drain valves.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2056.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1185   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2057.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1186   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2058.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1187  
Old 11-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #8
AKA Bluebird

John,
You are right that low point drains are not needed if you are pumping antifreeze through the system. On the other hand, they sure come in handy if you have to drain your pipes to work on them. I have yet to own (or hear of) a trailer without them and suspect that many folks just drain their systems and do not use antifreeze, depending on the climate where they live. Given your comment, I can't help but wonder if Forest River has eliminated them as a cost saving measure. If anyone knows please post the information. Incidentally, my 2007 827FLS has essentially the same floorplan as your 2603 and, as I said earlier, my pop-up drain valves are under the bathtub. Even after my dealer told me where they were it still took a long time to locate them because they are burried in a maze of piping and wiring. I haven't bothered to crawl underneath but have observed the pipes draining a foot or two inboard of the driver-side wheels.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #9

Low Point Drains? I kept looking! Guess What?

I have a 2009 Sandpiper RLD 332 TT, I was about to give up after an hour of crawling around under the trailer looking for the low point drains. I spotted this clump of sandy mud that looked like it could be something, brushed it away and ta dah!! The bright Red & Blue lines weren't so colorful with the coating of mud, (twenty miles of wet gravel in route to our seasonal spot) plus they were way up under just inside about a foot in from the outside body of the camper. My first clue to check this area was the I saw lines going thru the floor inside the corner of the kitchen vanity. I have no valves, but capped lines.

I drained, and then winterized, noticed I did get a little Pink out of them after opening them up and leaving them open for winter.

Highwayman
Rog
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1513.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1188  
Old 11-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #10

I have an older (2000) Rockwood 2104, bought it used and it took several attemptes to find the drains. Finally found the valve stems on the back left side of the trailer, can only be seen by someone 8 in tall while standing under the bathroom cabinet next to the water heater! I have to pull my shoulder out of socket stand on my head and go on feel alone, but after several carefully selected words of encouragment I am able to open them. If they ever break I will have to take the entire trailer apart......OK maybe not. Don't give up they are there somewhere!!
NC