Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #21
RAC

Very cool JR. I am sure lots of folks did same things for y'all after Katrina
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:32 PM   #22

Yep, they still are. Thanks!
J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredArmyCWO View Post
ECU? LOLOLOL! Speaking of woodsheds.....I imagine the Jokies will be in splinters after LSU this weekend.
You do realize I can delete your posts if I want to.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
LSU will pay tribute to the Hokies on Saturday nite. LSU's band (best in the land) will play VT's alma mater after three skydivers land on the field, one bearing the VT school flag, one with an LSU flag and a third with a U.S. flag.After all this happens there will be a moment of silence. I think it's going to be a class act and the paper says VT officals were pleased with this plan. Can't wait to be part of that action. Hope I'm not too wasted to enjoy,; I know I won't be. Outside the stadium the VT Alumni Assoc. will be presented with a wall-sized quilt at the pregame party. The quilt squares were made by LSU students, some of them football players. What's with the quilts lately???
That's all I know.

J.R.
That sounds like a very great thing they are doing. As far as quilts go, must be the new rage. My wife is into it big time.

I'm sure LSU will hand us our lunch but it will be a great experience for all involved.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:48 AM   #25
RAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
You do realize I can delete your posts if I want to.
Kim, this may be true, but unfortunately, even as an administrator you will not be able to delete the Jokies record this year
Old 09-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #26

Whoever has the Biggest D will go home with all the marbles. The Hokies should practice with sonic boom crowd nosie. Death Valley is LOUD!!! That might be the difference. VT has extraordinary defense.

JR
Old 09-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #27
RAC

VT has ZERO Offense.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:08 AM   #28

Quote:
VT has ZERO Offense.
Can't argue with that point. Maybe less than zero offense. When a "very Improved" Glennon comes out on the very first play of the season and throws an interceoption, then we may have a very long year ahead. I might have to start pulling for USC.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:34 AM   #29

I was in Blacksburg yesterday on my way back from richmond (kinda slept through the 64 exit in Lexington it happens) We drove by the stadium (Which Looks Bigger than WVU) Trying to find a bar type resteraunt with a patio for a beer and burger in morgantown they are everywhere, I might not have been on the correct streets, finally we found one by krogers and the ABC store, a little place on Main Street. Not too bad but I hope I missed the partying spots and this is not the best blacksburg has. Hopefully WVU romps the powerhouse marshall or we could be the michigan news of this week. One of the few weekends I root for the Hokies, but this weekend I will be.
On the hunt for a new travel trailer
wvsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #30

Time for the Pre-Game fight song.

Click HereClick Here

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvsteve View Post
I was in Blacksburg yesterday on my way back from richmond (kinda slept through the 64 exit in Lexington it happens) We drove by the stadium (Which Looks Bigger than WVU) Trying to find a bar type resteraunt with a patio for a beer and burger in morgantown they are everywhere, I might not have been on the correct streets, finally we found one by krogers and the ABC store, a little place on Main Street. Not too bad but I hope I missed the partying spots and this is not the best blacksburg has. Hopefully WVU romps the powerhouse marshall or we could be the michigan news of this week. One of the few weekends I root for the Hokies, but this weekend I will be.
With the last expansion the stadium seats about 67,000.Still small by most current standards but loud as heck on a good night. The last one only increased a few seats but added the high dollar luxury boxes for the rich and famous.

Not sure about restaurants with patio's in Blacksburg. Places come and go there all the time and all my old watering holes have closed and changed to other places. There are plenty of bars there though. You have to go downtown on the side streets.

WVU losing to Marshall won't be nearly the upset that Appy State pulled on Michigan, but it would make the headlines of the day. The Michigan fiasco should put all favored teams on notice not to look past a I-AA team, or a "mid-major" I-A team like Marshall.

It really is a shame that the VT/WVU series has ended for the foreseable future. They were always fun trash talking weeks on both sides.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #32

Got everything packed and ready to go camping on the LSU campus. Game day starts at nine and bloody marys start at ten. The excitement around here is fever pitch. We have lots of food, drinks, and friends and that's what I'm talking about. We're expecting a great game from our country's two outstanding teams, top ten, and that's what I'm talking about. We are pumped. Good luck to Vt and it's great fans who have endured so much pain and suffering lately.

J.R.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #33
RAC

You mean you have to pump up VT??? They're top ten because the media is biased. They are barely a top 20 team.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #34

Quote:
You mean you have to pump up VT??? They're top ten because the media is biased. They are barely a top 20 team.
After tonight's fiasco, we better drop on out. VT is not prepared this year and it shows. I quit watching after 24 - 0. After my day I'm too tired to sit up and watch anymore of it.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:04 AM   #35

Congratulations J.R. and Mike. LSU looks like national championship material this year. Good luck to them the rest of the way.

Our offense played as well as advertised. After last week, I am not too surprised that the defense didn't play that well either. Right now, VT is not properly prepared and the coaching staff needs to find out the problems before ACC play begins. We have two more patsies the next two weeks to practice on to get it fixed. Perhaps they have read too many articles about how good they were supposed to be.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #36

Silence is golden.