Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #41

In regards to the (Under Awning Lights) I had several people stop and ask about our (Changing Color Lights) they said their (Factory Installed Strip Lights) were (Only White) and a Big % did NOT work! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #42

Yes my awning LEDs are only white and a few diodes on each light strip were burnt out. They are replacing both stripes also.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #43

Before bought our fr flagstaff I did a lot of reading . Our PDI lasted 2 hrs . We operated everything and how to do everything.
Either your very trusting or very naive ?
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsfloyd View Post
Before bought our fr flagstaff I did a lot of reading . Our PDI lasted 2 hrs . We operated everything and how to do everything.
Either your very trusting or very naive ?
No not naive at all I'm a engineer so I can fix most anything so I'm not worried about a mechanical or electrical problem but did trust there word to much saying everything is working properly. I gave them the benifit of a dought. I don't like feeling like I have to go behind a person and recheck everything they do and I shouldn't have to with a new product.

When I got to the dealer they already had the Rv set up with the slides open so I didn't operate the slides in and out. They just showed me a few things on the RV I had questions on like how to operate the 6 point auto leveler since I've never had one, were all the valves were located at, generator, fueling station, and all the switches in the command center, ect.. While they were putting the 20K 5th wheel hitch in my truck. Then while I went inside and picked a few supplies out of there parts for the RV they hooked the trailer up to my truck and moved it to the frront for me. I said thanks and drove home thinking everything was all good to go like they said. Being to trusting in todays world I guess is to much to ask.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 08-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #45

Hope everything works out for you and you can enjoy your camper.
brewjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #46

Thanks I'm sure all will be good soon
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 08-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #47

I think some folks look at buying a new RV like buying a new car... It's not about being naïve or too trusting, it's about having a (wrong) concept that when you buy something new it should work & if not, the dealer will fix it quickly under warranty...

When we buy a new car we just have the dealer show us how to work the new tech., do a quick test drive, do a quick walk-around to make sure there aren't any scratches, etc., sign the papers and drive-away. This is knowing that we have a full warranty & they will provide a rental if we have to take it back in...

Unfortunately buying a NEW RV is a lot like buying a used vehicle... You have to make certain you do not drive-away from the dealer until you have had a chance to look-over & test EVERYTHING.

We are totally brand-new to camping, but I read these & other forums before purchasing our first TT. I spent 2 hours in the TT before making an offer making a list of things I wanted them to address and 2.5 hours videotaping the PDI to make certain we tested (and knew how to use) every component. I even had the mechanic doing the PDI show us exactly how to manually retract the slides & electric jacks. He was very patient & even gave us a lot of tips. This was on a busy sale weekend & they had back-to-back PDIs with ours being the last one...

The OP & other current owners cannot go-back and change how they did the PDI, but for others looking to buy, make sure you tell the dealer you expect the PDI to last over 2 hours & are planning to videotape it so that you can remember how to do everything... If they can't give you 2-3 hours of time on a $20K+ purchase, walk away.

A lot of folks like to buy from the wholesalers... We live in Ohio & so a couple are even very close to us... However, in the end we found good pricing at a local dealer backed by a more attentive PDI & post-service support. Just try scheduling a fix in MAY with a dealer you did not buy your RV from... They might get to you in 4-5 weeks when things slow down & by then you've lost those weeks of camping...
2017-31; 2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rhino View Post
I think some folks look at buying a new RV like buying a new car... It's not about being naïve or too trusting, it's about having a (wrong) concept that when you buy something new it should work & if not, the dealer will fix it quickly under warranty...

When we buy a new car we just have the dealer show us how to work the new tech., do a quick test drive, do a quick walk-around to make sure there aren't any scratches, etc., sign the papers and drive-away. This is knowing that we have a full warranty & they will provide a rental if we have to take it back in...

Unfortunately buying a NEW RV is a lot like buying a used vehicle... You have to make certain you do not drive-away from the dealer until you have had a chance to look-over & test EVERYTHING.

We are totally brand-new to camping, but I read these & other forums before purchasing our first TT. I spent 2 hours in the TT before making an offer making a list of things I wanted them to address and 2.5 hours videotaping the PDI to make certain we tested (and knew how to use) every component. I even had the mechanic doing the PDI show us exactly how to manually retract the slides & electric jacks. He was very patient & even gave us a lot of tips. This was on a busy sale weekend & they had back-to-back PDIs with ours being the last one...

The OP & other current owners cannot go-back and change how they did the PDI, but for others looking to buy, make sure you tell the dealer you expect the PDI to last over 2 hours & are planning to videotape it so that you can remember how to do everything... If they can't give you 2-3 hours of time on a $20K+ purchase, walk away.

A lot of folks like to buy from the wholesalers... We live in Ohio & so a couple are even very close to us... However, in the end we found good pricing at a local dealer backed by a more attentive PDI & post-service support. Just try scheduling a fix in MAY with a dealer you did not buy your RV from... They might get to you in 4-5 weeks when things slow down & by then you've lost those weeks of camping...
Yes very true. I know now if I buy another new one in a few years. Live and learn its an RV. LOL
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4