Old 11-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #1

mail forwarding service

I hope to be in Florida for 3 months or so just after (or maybe before) Christmas. While I pay the majority of bills online or "auto pay", I'd still like to see some of my mail. Anyone use these folks? MyRVmail.com ?? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Old 11-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
Do you plan on staying at one campground in those 3 months? If so, that campground may have a mailing address for you to use. This is our first winter in Florida with a mh and the cg gave us their mailing address with the lot #.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #3

I would just use the service the USPS offers.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
meant to also say we have our mail transferred during that time to our new location.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #5

no, I will be moving around...probably 2 weeks max in one place. A rolling stone gathers no moss ! I just wanna gather my mail though! LOL
Old 11-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #6

One alternative is to forward your mail to a friend or family member and have them put it in a "if it fits it ships" USPS box and mail it to a place you will be for 2 wks. If you call the campground in advance, they will give you the address.

We stay in one place for 3 months and do this. Works great.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #7

Hey Bill, good idea. I just talked to my sister and she agreed to do this. I can go over what mail to pitch and what to forward while on phone with her .
thanks!!!
Old 11-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
Fulltime family RVer

When we looked at traveling for a year, my plan was to talk to one of my tech savvy buddies and have him just scan and email me stuff weekly or so.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #9

Be careful forwarding your mail to the campground! The campground is considered a business address and individual forwards are not allowed out of a business so when you leave your mail is stuck going to that address unless the campground is nice enough to manually forward it to you. You can do a temporary forward, but I recommend forwarding it to a friend or family member to send you on the stuff you want. You can put in a temporary forward for up to a year. Be sure and cancel it several days before you plan on returning then you can put in a hold order to hold the mail for a week or so until you return. Remember a hold order is only good for less than 30 days. If you decide to extend your trip no problem just fill out another temporary forward for the time your going to be gone. Just remember it takes up to 10 business days to activate a forward. Can you tell where I work?? You could have a neighbor get your mail at your house and forward what you want and save the trouble of forwarding it. They can package up what you want and mail it to you. There is a new service called premium forwarding service where the USPS holds your mail and mails it all to you in a priority box once a week. It is like $10 a week though and not sure if you are moving every couple of weeks how that would turn out.