Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 08:54 AM   #101

In the short 9 months of RV'ing, I have found people in the camp grounds to be exceptionally friendly. My wife says I am gabby and make new friends all the time, but I am also a good listener.

I guess it's being one's self and treating people with respect.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:36 AM   #102
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
I hear ya!
Well for some reason...Seasonal Campers
think they are God of the camp ground!
We have nearly 7000 property owners at our lake. 350 of them are "Full-Timers" and just about each and every one acts like they are the exalted royalty and us "weekenders" are a second class of citizen (despite the fact that we all pay the exact same in dues and assessments every year, full-time, weekender or whatever)

I actually seen a full-timer complaining on the Facebook group about too many "of those weekender kids" in the pool this weekend. Makes me wanna slap 7 different kinds of dog (crap) outta some people sometimes

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Old 05-31-2016, 11:02 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
That's when you go to the office, camp host, park ranger or who ever is in authority and get the mess stopped. Bad reviews on a park are a consideration when others are trying to decide where they are staying in the future. Barking dogs are just as bad as rowdy kids who intrude on your peace. But if you don't report/complain, there is no chance of correcting the situation. Now, if you are staying in a park that caters to kids(Jellystone, etc.) you might have to expect some running, screaming kids. Remember, you were a kid once. I wouldn't confront the individuals so as not to start other problems. But if they apologize, I would certainly thank them.
I was worried about mine barking when I go out. Day after I arrived I saw the lady that manages the place walking her dog around on the road. I asked her and she said she walks around every day. She said my dog was fine, never heard her barking. If you are not aure ask your neighbors, they will tell you.

Jim
Old 05-31-2016, 11:55 AM   #104

I have had a problem with barking dogs in the camper next to my site and I remember that and late at night I get out my silent dog whistle and let them hear what I hear all day. I love dogs and kids but how they act in public is how they act at home

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-01-2016, 05:50 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I have had a problem with barking dogs in the camper next to my site and I remember that and late at night I get out my silent dog whistle and let them hear what I hear all day. I love dogs and kids but how they act in public is how they act at home

Right ON !!!
And in most cases it is not the kids or dogs fault they act the way they do !!!
Old 06-01-2016, 07:33 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Right ON !!!
And in most cases it is not the kids or dogs fault they act the way they do !!!

You are so right. I use to sub at school and I would tell the kids I was Superman because I had X-Ray vision. I could be around the kids a little while and I knew what they were like at home

Old 06-01-2016, 07:52 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
You are so right. I use to sub at school and I would tell the kids I was Superman because I had X-Ray vision. I could be around the kids a little while and I knew what they were like at home

Any one that can deal with kids today,,, deserve all the credit in the world !!! Way to many of them are totally out of control !!!
Old 06-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #108
Site Team

Ok, this one is has strayed over into subject matters that usually causes a lot of unnecessary strife on these forums. The topic was about making friends at the campground, not to vent about kids and/or fur kids.

Hopefully there has been enough replies for everyone including the OP to get a good feel for the original topic.

For forum harmony, the site team is going to close this one down now.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread