Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #1

Maryland State Fairgrounds In Timonium

Is anyone headed to Timonium Fairgrounds for the RV Show starting this weekend...Feb 17th, 18th, and 19th........24th, 25th, and the 26th?

I have to check with the boss, we may be going on the 17th.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #2

We will not be going until the second weekend and are looking forward to getting out after this past weekend's weather.
electrician549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #3

If anyone has plans on attending the RV Show in Timonium MD, Fridays are free for Veterans' with a Military I.D.
You can get a $1.00 Discount Coupon on line as well.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #4

Well, went to all three buildings at the show and we looked at every TT that didn't have bunks. In order to replace the 8314ss that we had lost it would have cost us 30 to $35,000 bucks, ours was a 2006 and we paid $21,000 out the door but that was 6 years ago things do go up. As I walk in and out of all the Rockwoods I could not see any quality differances between my 2006 and the 2012's.

We went into an Outback which is a Forest River Product and was surprised how stiff the floor was, it seem to be built a little stronger then the Rockwood as far as the floor go's.

There were two units that caught my attention, The Jayco Jayflight this unit comes with a two year limited warrenty, and the Gulf Stream Innsbruck this one has a two year bumber to bumber warrenty, both units are solid, both units have sissor jacks mounted on the frame, all together different then the stye of the Rockwood. The price on the Jaycoflight was a little over $20,000 bucks for a 27 foot unit, the Gulf Stream Innsbruck was priced at $ 17,900 and this rig was 34 foot 9 inch long....Please note: these two units are not ulta lites, they have wood joist and 5/8 ply wood for floors.

We went to the show with an open mine and looked and compared. We have been RVing now since 2000 and have had two different campers both bought new, we have had enough up's and downs with our campers, mainly with the last on being the biggest problem right after the warrenty ran out until a tree fell on it just last September while living in it for a short time (4) months.

We still have an open mined, but believe me I know what to look for now, we have not decided yet on any one manufacture at this point, we have a show to go to March 1st - 4th at a local RV dealer in Hanover, if we have not decided after that then we will wait unit the big show in Hershey PA at Hershey park in October...

It is a about what you get for the money, not what you don't get for the money. Everyone has a budget and I suggest compare all of your options in your price range before you sign on the dotted line........
Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #5

Rockwood we bought our new Cherokee at the York show last March. The dealer was Susquehanna RV and they were great.
Cherokee39 is offline   Reply With Quote