Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2017, 10:56 AM   #1

Mattress

So we have only 1 trip in our 26RR. My daughter complained about the seat cushions as a bed on the bench seat/table set up.
I work from home and we are talking about 3 weeks on the road this summer and I would work from the camper and take days off to explore/sightsee.
There is no way she is going to be excited about sleeping on the seat cushions for 3 weeks....
So my question is, has anyone found a semi portable mattress to replace the cushions?
Something that would easily be able to move from the back through the bathroom into the master when we need to set up the table for sitting/dining.
Memory foam seems like it might due the trick but they tend to be very heavy and cumbersome.
We do have a semi-nice air bed but not sure 3 weeks on an air bed is going to be ideal either.
pohlcat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #2

We use a 3" Memory foam mattress from Amazon. I roll this up every morning and secure this with a 3" luggage strap. Which is than carry and stored in the closet in our 5er. We used this for one or two weeks a year for the grandkids when they are with us. I place this over the pullout bed mattress in the living room.

This takes a little time but works great for the grandkids.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #3
Always Learning

We just had my mother-in-law on an air bed for 3 weeks (and trust me- we would have heard if it wasn't comfortable!). The trick is adding a mattress topper to it. We would throw that on one of the kid's bunk beds during the day and would inflate/deflate the air bed each day.

I also like the kind of air bed with the built-in pump. They're easier to setup/take down.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:59 PM   #4

She likes the memory foam so I will take a look on amazon and see what they have. the 3" sounds like it's pretty light weight and easy to move.
We can take both and let her try it out on the cushions and on the air bed. I'm sure one or the other should be good.

thanks!
Old 11-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #5
Always Learning

As well- if you get those "Space" bags that you suck out the air with a vacuum, the memory foam topper compresses really nicely. We stuff ours into our dinette bench seats.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #6

We lost ours. I know they are around here somewhere.
Planning on vacuum sealing as much as possible between trips so we can keep the camper stocked and ready.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:30 PM   #7
Always Learning

Amazon has them.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:32 PM   #8

Put the memory foam on top of the pads. That should make it nice and comfy.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:40 PM   #9

My Cedar Creek came with a Trump king size mattress that sleeps better than my mattress at home. At one time I had a mattress topper that I purchased at Walmart that was good
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote