Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2017, 08:05 AM   #21

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
We had the OP's problem with the original mattress in our TC, so we replaced it with a memory foam mattress, as others here have described. Thinks ours came from Wally Land. Moved it into our new TT as soon as we brought it home. Best couple hundred buxx we ever spent at Camp Wally.
If you go that sort of route, be sure to follow unpacking instructions and position the new mattress inside your camper and as close to the bed as possible. They expand significantly when opened. The initial install into the TC was pretty easy. Moving it from the TC to the house when we dis-assembled the TC, and then from the house into the TT when we got it home, was ... an exercise.

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:00 AM   #22
King of the Road

Check this option on Amazon (or elsewhere). More expensive, yes, but well worth the money. Memory foam and coil springs combined and I sleep like a log.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenush View Post
Luvabargain, our TT came with the full length queen mattress, so that's what we stuck with. I personally can't imagine sleeping on anything shorter.
I think I'll go with the standard queen. We will still have 7" of space at the foot of the bed, and while not a lot, it's still a lot more than several trailers we looked at that had the short queens. The bedroom is for sleeping and getting dressed, and there's a lot of space on each side of the bed, so it's not like I'm going to spend a bunch of time walking at the foot of the bed anyway.
luvabargain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #24

We replaced our full queen with a short one because of the space at the end between bed and closets. Gained the 5 inches of walking room and does not hit closets when putting slide in now.

Got the Zinus 8 inch memory foam from amazon. The mattress that came with ours was nice and think original owner upgraded but the memory foam is way more comfortable.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:05 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenush View Post
Bought a Zinus replacement mattress for under 200 dollars. Residential queen, 8 inches thick. It was a great decision for us.
Last two trailers, we've replaced the King mattresses with Amazon boxed mattresses. Amazon has lots of brands for sale. One was a foam over coil and the last one is 100% foam. Both were a huge improvement over what was delivered with the camper. Easy to move into place with a cart or dolly. Both were 14" thick. They are heavy but a great upgrade. Watch for a sale, they go on sale very often.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #26

I went ahead and ordered from Amazon today. After much research (too much research), I went with this 8" memory foam plush standard queen. We'll see how it does. I think anything will be better than what's there, plus my RV is used and I feel weird about keeping the old mattress the other owners used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
luvabargain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:31 PM   #27

Probably going to order this mattress https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0097...ocL&ref=plSrchpretty soon. While my factory mattress (pad) is only a few weeks old it is already smashed down where we lay. I don't think a topper will fix it anymore as the damage has been done.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:21 PM   #28
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_and_Abby View Post
We had the OP's problem with the original mattress in our TC, so we replaced it with a memory foam mattress, as others here have described. Thinks ours came from Wally Land. Moved it into our new TT as soon as we brought it home. Best couple hundred buxx we ever spent at Camp Wally.
If you go that sort of route, be sure to follow unpacking instructions and position the new mattress inside your camper and as close to the bed as possible. They expand significantly when opened. The initial install into the TC was pretty easy. Moving it from the TC to the house when we dis-assembled the TC, and then from the house into the TT when we got it home, was ... an exercise.
X2 on the mattress expansion. Those things are vacuum packed in visqueen bags. As soon as you cut the bag open the expansion commences, in all different directions and it doesn't stop until it unfolds.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #29

moving bunk mattress

Well along this subject,...... How can you best secure the removable section of the over the cab bunk mattress on the MBS 2400W ? Not sure how to start a new thread.
Mtnman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:44 PM   #30

We ordered our unit with the Serta mattress upgrade. What a joke! We put a 3" MF topper on it and it's 100% better. When my ship comes in or sometime we will get a genuine good mattress. That's on the back burner right now.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #31

We replaced our serta pillow top with a zinus memory foam. It is much more comfortable- so much so we are replacing our home mattress with one as well. Went to short from full queen as well to gain the 5 inches of space in bedroom.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:39 PM   #32

Update!!

We finally made our decision. We went with a Zinus short queen memory foam mattress from amazon and paid around 175. And instead of throwing away our old original mattress I decided to put our new memory foam mattress on top of our old mattress, making it a little more plush.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:59 PM   #33
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerfor2 View Post
We finally made our decision. We went with a Zinus short queen memory foam mattress from amazon and paid around 175. And instead of throwing away our old original mattress I decided to put our new memory foam mattress on top of our old mattress, making it a little more plush.
I probably bought the same one and am about to go open it in camper. We are taking the old mattress and putting it on the top bunk for the boys to use.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:24 PM   #34

I see that MyPillow now makes a mattress topper and wondered if anyone has tried that.

According to a brochure they sent us, they also make a regular mattress and dog beds, which our pooch is getting for birthday.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #35

Just go straight to a new mattress and don't waste your money on toppers to go on top of a crappy mattress.

We spent 7 years on a crappy TT mattress adding topper after topper trying to make it comfortable and nothing worked. Even the $200 memory foam topper just didn't work with the saggy mattress underneath. I didn't want to give up my heated mattress though, or spend $150 on a new heated mattress pad to go along with a new $$ mattress. Last year we finally had enough and bought a new mattress from Costco. So much better!!!! We bought the least expensive foam mattress that Costco had, I think it was $300. I was worried that I would have to trim the mattress to make it fit, but it fit perfectly. To solve the heated pad dilemma, I actually just cut the whole top of the original mattress off and placed it on top of our new mattress. We now have the absolute comfiest and coziest bed and I sleep so much better in the TT than I do at home.