Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2016, 04:26 PM   #1

Maxx air vents

We've just purchased a Wildwood Lodge 407reds park model and wondering if the Maxx Air vents are the way to go. We have 2 regular vents and bathroom which I would think will need a different vent cover. Suggestions, options, opinions please, thanks
ywgbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:32 PM   #2

I have one and like it. I like the extra protection for the stock crank up lid. I can leave mine open driving down the road in the rain. They also make some higher end units. Take a look at them and see if you the skills to add these and pocketbook. For me for now, the basic until is the bomb...
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:00 PM   #3

Smile Maxivents

We have used Maxie vents for about 15 years if not longer and would not travel without them. We have them open summer and winter. They take care of cooking moisture as you drive along and keep the RV smelling fresh and clean no mold or moisture problem in moist weather when the RV is stored outside. Love them.
anjb3741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:07 AM   #4

You probably won't be driving down the road in your park model, but the MaxxAire vents would still be beneficial. You can leave your vents open, and if it starts raining, not a big deal, the rain won't get in.

ALSO - They may offer some additional protection if you live in racoon country. Those little critters have figured out how to open standard roof vents. They just haven't figured out how to get out once they get in
Old 09-25-2016, 09:13 AM   #5

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
We always wished we had a MAXX Air vent on our previous TC, so when we purchased our new TT last year, we didn't think twice about having the dealer install them, as well as an awning over the one pull-out. Every time we are out, we are pleased with these options. Actually, most of the time (i.e. non-winter) that it is parked in Camp Driveway, the vents are open underneath the MAXX Air vents. A lot of the time, we roll with the vents open as well.
There are probably a few other "must have" items on the "short list" of must-have (and would love to hear other recommendations) but certainly we vote that the MAXX (or equivalent function) are on that list.

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:24 AM   #6

I think the best thing about the Maxx Air style of vent covers is that you can leave your rig for the day when the thunder storm comes or pull out and start down the road and not have that "Oh NO I left the vent open moment"
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywgbear View Post
We've just purchased a Wildwood Lodge 407reds park model and wondering if the Maxx Air vents are the way to go. We have 2 regular vents and bathroom which I would think will need a different vent cover. Suggestions, options, opinions please, thanks
They are Standard on Rockwood/Flagstaff units! Other Divisions should "Get the Hint" that they should be "Standard"! Your stock "Lids" will become Brittle and Crack/shatter,the MaxAir Covers have a 6 year Warr.,but Last a "Long Time More"! Let one family member "Forget" to close the Vent Lid "Without" the Covers and a RAIN Storm comes while you are away,and you will WISH you had MaxAir! Youroo!!
Old 09-25-2016, 10:59 AM   #8

thanks

appreciate everyone's opinion, seems to be a no brainer, never thought about he critters. Will pu a couple of normal vent covers and I guess a maxx fan cover, I guess that's the one for the power exhaust fan in the washroom.
thanks all
ywgbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:11 PM   #9

Like everyone stated about the rain. Also they will offer some additional protection for your sometimes flimsy vent covers. I had both my vent covers shattered by hail on my previous trailer before I installed them. New one got them right away.

Tags
vent