Old 05-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #11

Larger TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunr View Post
Ours came with a 32" would love a 40...
I just inquired last week about Good Sam's Extended Gold Warranty Plan and reading the fine print ( which I always do), I saw that they would not cover a TV over 40".
I know some folks want a BIG TV, but watch that fine print guys :-)

Keep the wheels on the road and be safe.

Byron

byoslandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:10 PM   #12

My TH came with a 19"...I added a projector and a 78" pull down screen for the inside.....96" tripod screen for drive in movies outside with an inexpensive surround sound receiver that isn't big enough. Bigger is better!

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drive in movie.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	138235  

GeeDubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:05 PM   #13

Put what came in ours in the bed room and put up a 40 in the LR.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #14

For the last couple of years, I just use a portable 1 or 2 TB hard drive and a media player I got for about $35.00 from Amazon with HDMI into the TV. I've loaded up most of our collection of movies and TV show series DVDs, ripped to digital files, and we will watch those on various hard drives. No internet needed.
The player will play back Hard drives up to two TB, flash drives, and SD card files. We'll also watch the photos taken while on the trip from the SD cards.
You can get over a week's worth of programming easily on even a 500 GB hard drive.
I also use this system when traveling and having to stay in hotels, that way there's always something to watch that doesn't cost me any more money or need any internet to see.
Tdbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantyszka View Post
Can you elaborate on how you did the Raspberry Pi thing? I'd love to know!
you'll need a raspberryPi 3. They are around $30

But, just go ahead and get a kit that comes with a power supply and case.

https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspb...dp/B01C6EQNNK/

Because I bought my pi by itself, then had to get a case, and I salvaged a cell phone charger as the power supply. Pain in the butt, just get the whole deal all together.

Next, you'll also need some storage for it. The pi takes a micro SD card, you'll want at least 8 gigs for that. And, you'll need big storage for the media. I use a 1TB USB External harddrive. But more is better.

And, you'll need an OS for it. I use Raspbian, its a linux operating system customized for the Pi. Super easy to install, more info here - https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/ Oh, and its free.

You'll want some sort of USB remote control. I use this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ECLVRYQ Its cheap, and it works great. Just plug it in, and now you have a remote control that can control the mouse.

Then, just install raspbian, install Kodi (tons of howtos online) and you're off to the races.

The great thing about the Pi over other media player options is its so customizable. I use mine with a USB wifi adapter and a directional antenna on the roof to pick up wifi at campgrounds and then rebroadcast it locally under my own SSID.
lugoismad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:33 PM   #16

My TT came with a 19" in the living room. It was so small that the recessed area where the TV lives when flat to the wall was huge around the TV. It looked really dumb and I could not see the TV from the dinette booth, even with my glasses on. I purchased a 32" and had a friend mount that in the living area and bought a wall mount bracket and my friend mounted the tiny TV in the bedroom where I have never used it. Figured it would help with resale but who knows? I have larger computer monitors at work than 19"!!

"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, trailer