Old 07-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
bsublue

McMahon RV closure & Warranty Work

Hello All:

We bought our FR Wildwood 27 RLS from McMahons in Colton, CA. in Oct. 2013. Apparently, all McMahons locations are now closed because they were not paying their bills and were also ripping off their customers, especially by not buying the extended warranties & pocketing the money.

Our question is, does anyone know who is handling the Forest River warranty work that would have been handled by McMahons???

We also bought the extended warranty. Do not Know if it is any good, I will call # on the paperwork.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #2

For factory warranty coverage any Forest River product dealer should be able to perform the work. I currently use a local dealer that sells a different line than my TT for warranty work rather than the dealer I purchased from and have not had any problems with coverage.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
bsublue

Thanks, according to the Forest River website, McMahons is the only dealer listed. For the record, we are in Southern California.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #4

I would call the nearest Forest River Dealer to you and explain that the Dealer that you bought your unit from closed and see if they would do warranty work for you and ask about the extended warranty that you bought. If the Dealer that went out of business pocketed the money for the extended warranty, it would seem that no other Dealer would honor a warranty that does not 'exist', even though you did pay for it. You may now have become a 'creditor' of the closed Dealership and to say it out loud, they stole your money and it will be difficult or imposable to get it back. I would talk to your 'new' Dealer about an extended warranty, but you will most likely have to pay for it (again).

Other Forest River Dealers can work on your Wildwood, even if they do not sell them. Find the closest FR Dealer to you by putting into the Dealer finder a different FR line and work you way through the list until you see a Deal that is closest to you.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #5
Site Team

I know there are other dealers in Riverside, Corona, and Ontario that sells FR units so I would expect there could be someone in your area as well. You could try contacting FR in Rialto for more information as it could help having them as the middle person since you brought your TT elsewhere.

When I was first looking at RVs the staff at McMahons in Colton didn't give me the time of day because I didn't look like a serious buyer. My brother didn't care for them either when he was buying his fifth wheel so he ended up at the other location in Orange County. My co-worker just broke a high-end MH from McMahons in Colton so I'm wondering how her MH is getting serviced.

Edit:
Wrong company - Brother didn't buy from McMahons after all.
Co-Work is getting her warranty work on her MH (not a FR unit) done at Mike Thompsons.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #6

Sorry I wasn't clearer in my post. What I am suggesting is find any dealer in Southern California that sells any RV line owned by the Forest River company. For example a Palomino dealer would be authorized to perform warranty work as it too is a Forest River product. The only thing you might run into is parts that a Wildwood dealer might have in stock will have to be ordered by a Palomino dealer.

Here is a link to the Forest River website brand page: Forest River RV Brands

And a link to the Palomino site with links to brands: Palomino RV - Manufacturer of Quaility RVs since 1968
Old 07-14-2014, 01:41 AM   #7
Site Team

Family RV in Pomona, CA
Family RV in Ontario, CA
Richardson's RV in Riverside, CA
Richardson's RV in Temecula, CA

PS
I found the FR website to be incomplete on available dealers that sells FR units.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #8

Year 2 extended warranty was paid directly by me to Forest River. Any Forest River dealer or pre approved work by an independent is paid up to the approved level. Forest River Customer Service is the place to start.
Call them for advice and confirmation of your circumstance.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #9
Site Team

Due to the time difference try calling FR at the start of their day. And you might try contacting some of the bigger dealerships like Giant RV or Mike Thompsons for warranty work.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #10

Call J and L RV Repair in Fontana and ask for Joe (the owner). They are a FR warranty authorized repair facility. FR recommended them to me and I have found them extremely capable. The rep several factories and are busy, so do not be in a hurry. You can also call Simi Valley RV. They are a FR dealer. I am not surprised to hear McMahons closed. They have always been on the shady side.

Tags
warranty