Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #21
Censored Member

Forums threads are so funny, they remind me of the kid’s game called Telephone. In the game the kids form a line and the first kid whispers a message into the next kid’s ear and then that kid whispers the message to the next kid in line and so on. The last kid in line then announces the message to the rest of the group. If there are enough kids playing, the final message usually is something completely different from the original.

This thread went from thoughts on helping folks transport their RV after a medical emergency to a firearms thread in less than 20 messages. Hilarious.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #22
Who Dares, Wins

It also only applies if you remain on the interstates.. And do not stop, even to pull off and get gas. If you do and get stopped in certain states or cities you will also get put in the klink so either way probably not a good thing. But this is not the place for those discussions.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:04 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
It also only applies if you remain on the interstates.. And do not stop, even to pull off and get gas. If you do and get stopped in certain states or cities you will also get put in the klink so either way probably not a good thing. But this is not the place for those discussions.
Why is this not the place to discuss this?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:05 PM   #24
Who Dares, Wins

Certain topics will quickly devolve often. Which is fine if you want to see your thread locked. Keeps the Peace if you will

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #25
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post
Forums threads are so funny, they remind me of the kid’s game called Telephone. In the game the kids form a line and the first kid whispers a message into the next kid’s ear and then that kid whispers the message to the next kid in line and so on. The last kid in line then announces the message to the rest of the group. If there are enough kids playing, the final message usually is something completely different from the original.

This thread went from thoughts on helping folks transport their RV after a medical emergency to a firearms thread in less than 20 messages. Hilarious.
The problem is that in this over regulated society you cannot just help someone any more.. You try to do a good deed and get boned because you crossed a state line with untaxed cigarettes or do not have proper coverage for your assistance. World ain't so simple anymore, it's ashame

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-07-2017, 10:23 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
All very good points! Lots to think about for the OP. A Nice non nasty thread! I too applaud the OP for having a heart to help his fellow camper/RVer!
See what I said prior to ATF and NRA started posting! C'mon people leave the thread where it was going!
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:27 PM   #27
Who Dares, Wins

Back to the original issue at hand.. Op it sounds like a possible new venture for you to make some extra money. But like a few have said you would be operating a business and that does take some work. The fmcsa (federal motor carrier safety administration) might be a good start to read their faq as to what might (or will be required depending on circumstance) be required to operate in North America. This is also where you can find info on medical cards, vehicle requirements (triangles, fire extinguisher and such) and how to apply for a dot#, they are free.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #28
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
See what I said prior to ATF and NRA started posting! C'mon people leave the thread where it was going!
While I am in agreement things got sideways these are things they may need to deal with. This is potentially someone's home. There may be items that are harmless in the hands of the owner of the trailer / moho (ie prescription drugs) but might be a huge issue for the op doing a transport. But if the op does take up this business opportunity then it will strongly advised to confirm some of these issues / concerns with your lawyer.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-07-2017, 11:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post

Well that is an important part of driving someone's RV across the country when you may not have an opportunity to work out those details especially when you are doing it for FREE!
Old 11-07-2017, 11:46 PM   #30
Berkshire 390QS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
What is FMCA? Can anyone no matter if it is a a pod or class A belong, Sorry I don't think I have heard of it.
Family Motor Coach Association =FMCA, right now it is for people who own a motorhome but they are voting now to allow all rv owners to join.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:29 AM   #31

I don't think it would be to hard to do, I don't by into a lot of the controls people are saying, I still appauld you for kind gesture. You might talk to the transport company's like the ones that delv. Units to dealers, they should know the requirement for doing this.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:32 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
Family Motor Coach Association =FMCA, right now it is for people who own a motorhome but they are voting now to allow all rv owners to join.
I thought I have seen that before, seen signs on steps of Motor Homes , thanks

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:38 AM   #33
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
Guess membership must be going down.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB