Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2011, 08:03 AM   #21

Our camper mattress isn't as comfortable as our residential , but we sleep fine on it. It is firm and we like firm. We tried memory foam. Don't like it. I move alot at night and I stick to the friggin thing, not to mention it makes me sweat.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Blame the dealers. At the Class C division, we offer a Serta pillow top as an upgrade and now a "Trump" Serta with memory foam. The dealers are just trying to keep the price down.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Blame the dealers. At the Class C division, we offer a Serta pillow top as an upgrade and now a "Trump" Serta with memory foam. The dealers are just trying to keep the price down.
Good point. Another reason to order the trailer with the options you want - if they offer an upgrade.

But I don't think there was/is an option on our trailer for a different heated mattress and it is what it is. The mattress is OK for me and the kids but the DW was not happy with it so I bought a 2" memory foam with which she is very happy.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #24
Brigitte

Our Shasta came with a Serta pillow top but we still found it too hard (so we added memory foam as stated above)
Not because of cheap matress in our case, just firmer than we are used to at home.
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #25

We bought a 2011 Berkshire to replace our 2008 Georgetown. When we made the switch at the dealership, we took our king foam mattress from the Georgetown and swapped it with the new mattress from the Berkshire. Our foam RV mattress is a 4 layer product from Overstock that we bought about 2 years ago to replace the pancake mattress in the Georgetown. It's a bit big for the space and I should trim it a little, but it sleeps like a dream for my wife, me and the two schnauzers. Wife also says I don't hardly snore at all in the motorhome (I guess a real big bonus for her). She's had numerous back surgeries and says she gets better sleep in the coach than she does at home. I'm a big guy and she and the dogs don't roll towards me on this mattress.
Not cheap, but I guess a good nights sleep is priceless!
mf4110 is offline   Reply With Quote