Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2019, 01:55 AM   #41

There are a number of other dealers that give better deals than MHS. We shopped there in person. However, we ended up ordering a 2019 DX3 37 BH at a better price from another dealer. Going to pick it up in 11 days.
uh60silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:28 AM   #42

Guess we'll never know how it turned out. No more replies from OP since the 29th.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:56 AM   #43

I was at MHSRV about a week ago. Parked, used their restroom, walked out to the used MH area and saw the unit (used Allegro Bus) we were interested in and went into unit to inspect. Inside was a paid inspector doing an inspection. He was obviously there with permission. He gave us his card, said sale was pending. Was able to go over the whole motor home with the inspector. Left the MH and was offered a ride back to the sales office by an employee with a van, got in my car and left. Was never approached by a salesperson! Just my experience. Price on the unit was better than any I have seen by a lot.
elaine53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:47 AM   #44

I know they would much rather sell one off the lot than to special order one. I believe that the dealers in early fall place orders for "groups" of new inventory to get the best price possible from the manufacturer. RV companies like doing that so they can keep their lines going through the winter. Better than laying off people......some of which would find different jobs and the RV manufacturer has to hire and train(?) a new employee.
Personally when we buy new I will have a independent inspector check it out..............my new brother
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:18 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
So don't tell them it's a "professional" inspector. Just have your "friend" check it out for you and report his findings to you. Would that work?
I thought the same, but I think they said they want it written in the sales contract, so that kind of kicks that idea to the curb.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:43 AM   #46

You have to be careful with these guys. I bought camper that was a show model, at the Harrisburg show. I was sure it had an electric Jack, in fact, it was listed on the sticker. When we picked it up, I noticed it was manual, and mentioned it to the salesman. The salesman was kind of defensive and ensured me it did not. When I got home, I reviewed the pictures I took and confirmed it was electric. Anyway, I've been getting the run-around from the dealer. My advice is, do not take their word on anything, as after the sale, they don't care. The GM is only concerned with the next sale. He already got your money! Needless to say, the lost any future business from me.
Travelinman 2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:24 AM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Guess we'll never know how it turned out. No more replies from OP since the 29th.
I thought the OP's response in post #23 summed up the story pretty well.

They walked away, gave up on the RV search for this year and decided to take a cruise this summer instead.

What more is there to tell?
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 02:51 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinman 2018 View Post
You have to be careful with these guys. I bought camper that was a show model, at the Harrisburg show. I was sure it had an electric Jack, in fact, it was listed on the sticker. When we picked it up, I noticed it was manual, and mentioned it to the salesman. The salesman was kind of defensive and ensured me it did not. When I got home, I reviewed the pictures I took and confirmed it was electric. Anyway, I've been getting the run-around from the dealer. My advice is, do not take their word on anything, as after the sale, they don't care. The GM is only concerned with the next sale. He already got your money! Needless to say, the lost any future business from me.
That is why when I ordered my Dmax I went to Longhorn RV in Mineola. Great transaction, but lack of accurate detailed PDI. Now they sold out (bad for me), not because of anything RV related, because of a family issue, so I am sure MHSRV loved hearing that.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:54 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Rod....The wife and I had a very similar experience last night while looking for a used car for her. We found one at a Large dealership...2017, 10,000 miles and a good price and everything she wanted. Went and looked at it. 10K on the odom, but the interior looks like a car with 90k miles on it. This vehicle was used HARD ! I told the salesperson I wanted to test drive and run it buy a local mechanic that services our vehicles....used him for 25 years at least. The sales person began this whole spiel about their "Multipoint Inspection" they do on all their used vehicles and that there was no need for us to have a independent mechanic look at it. WE WALKED. He kept talking, we climbed in my truck and drove away. Final decision is yours. You'll do what feels right. Trust your gut.
If a vehicle has 10K miles on the odometer and looks like it has had a rough life, it is very likely the odometer has been rolled back. It is easier to do with a digital dash than using a drill to run it back. It may also be that the vehicle has original miles, but has been salvaged due to flooding, etc. There are ways to clean a salvage title. A legitimate dealer should not have a problem having an independent inspection. You may want to put a bug in the ear of the state agency that oversees dealers in your area. They will go in and investigate and determine if the odometers are being tampered with. It is a form of fraud. You were smart enough to walk, but other may not.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #50

Good PDI. Period.

Forget warranty stuff. Dealers for the most part want no warantee work. Makes them no money. Most take forever to do anything.

By the cheapest price. Use the savings to do any repairs.

Good small local companies do provide good service but have to raise purchase prices to make up for being good warantee providers. Simple math.

Call Discounters like RVDiscounters, Couch rv etc. I know Couch does a bag up PDI of their own. Mine was near perfect. Service manager said Cedar Creek will pay him a grand no questions asked for repairs on a new unit being delivered. Why not do it.

There warantee department is backed up 3 months just for a warantee inspection. BS for sure. Just like all big dealers. Screw warantee stuff. PDI, PDI. No check until right.

Do small stuff yourself. @#$&$#@ them and the horse they rode in on.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #51

I bought and sold (or tried to) a motorhome with MHSRV, it won’t happen again.
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:55 PM   #52
Señor Miembro

Four months later...

I passed on buying the RV but then a couple weeks ago, about 4 months later, I noticed they still had the same unit sitting on their lot and that they had dropped the price by $15k!

Contacted a different sales guy but this time they are a little more motivated to move it and finally, begrudgingly, let me have it inspected by a pro. No problems found!

Now MHSrv and we are disagreeing about the deal being contingent on a test drive but that is a story in another thread.
Just wanted to report the closure of inspector story.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote