Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2016, 02:09 PM   #1

Mice?

Ok. Let me ask this question with a different approach. Does everyone get mice or all the mice posts kind of like the quality posts. No one really posts about "not" getting mice, kinda like people "without" quality issues really don't post how good their units are. Does that make sense or do I need to reword it?
Firestone Ride Rite airbags
Airlift Wireless compressor
dbackerjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:14 PM   #2

There are those that get critters and admit it. And those that get critters and dont admit it.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbackerjim View Post
Ok. Let me ask this question with a different approach. Does everyone get mice or all the mice posts kind of like the quality posts. No one really posts about "not" getting mice, kinda like people "without" quality issues really don't post how good their units are. Does that make sense or do I need to reword it?

The more I kill outside my camper minimizes the chances they will get inside.

The poison I have inside is the last line of defense. The poison on the outside is the first line.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:02 PM   #4

I learned the hard way that your best defence against critters is to make sure you thoroughly clean your trailer. Remove all cooking items that may have food or the smell of food on them. I remove my grill, all pots and pans, toaster, grill cleaning materials and then we bag all cooking utensils in freezer bags. Not sure that we will completely eliminate their infiltration but so far so good.
Robecage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:25 PM   #5

Have never had any mice problems....although I've probably just cursed myself.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:47 PM   #6

Thumbs down Mice problems....Who Me?

being a farmer and storing farm reactors in the barn all winter, rodents can and will be an issue. Mice like cozy spots like under cushions and in air cleaners...

I learned a good trick (besides having a barn cat or 2) and that is, remove all the food stuffs (which helps) but the sure cure is dryer sheets placed in, in my case, tractor cabs and under hoods, in your case, in the RV in various spots, make sure it's buttoned up tight too.

I keep mine (RV) in the equipment barn with the tractors and it had a few dryer sheets inside too.

Cats are good, but not foolproof and cats have a bad habit of whizzing on things, so they don't work in an RV unless you want your RV to smell like cat pee....I don't.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
There are those that get critters and admit it. And those that get critters and dont admit it.
Hmm. Only critters we have ever had in any of our 5 rigs are flys, gnats, mosquitos and one lizard missing a tail. Never had anything larger like mice or squirrels. Guess that's another good thing about living in the desert and parking outside. My brother, who also lives in the desert, stores his rig in a farm barn and gets mice occasionally.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote