Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2017, 01:21 AM   #41
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

I didn't mention I went over and resealed every possible way out with Gorilla tape and expanding foam. Also I check it daily.
I'm going to empty the basement tomorrow in hopes to find a nest. All the videos showed her jumping up and down from the laundry shoot into the basement so I don't think she's in the wall (fingerscrossed).
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #42

good luck trying to locate fresh cab now.
I was on an automatic shipment list which stopped due to product shortage last April.

no one has it. I'm down to my last 3 packages.
company tells me they do not know when production will start again as they are awaiting test results on new products.

product has kept mice out of our 4 trailers for 6 yrs.
"
This product is currently out of stock. Sign up to receive an email alert when this product becomes available again.
Email*"

Old 11-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #43

Mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymil View Post
Put a gallon of rv antifreeze in the bucket.
That'll do it.
twdenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #44
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeItEasy View Post
Lots of methods to deter, trap or kill mice. Of all the methods available I would recommend against poison for two reasons.

If the poisoned mouse leaves your trailer before it dies it may get eaten by a predator. The poison may kill the predator. I am guessing that would usually be a hawk or an owl. Killing the predator with poison meant for the mice may lead to more mice because of fewer predators. You may or may not care about that but it is something to consider.

The second reason is because the mouse that eats the poison will bleed out and die. It may be wondering around your trailer while this process is happening. I not sure I would want a mouse that is bleeding out walking around my trailer then dying inside my wall.

I would recommend sticking to the traps that kill them and keep them in one spot to be disposed of. If you do use traps I would plan on checking the traps every couple of days to avoid more unpleasant outcomes.
I checked and the bait I used is Sodium Chloride and is pet & child safe. The way it works is it shuts off the mouse stomach sensors that tell it's brain when to drink water. So, it eats the bait, goes back to its nest or borrow and doesn't leave because it doesn't get thirsty. Next it goes into a coma and dies then dries out.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:31 PM   #45
Site Team

I know this may not be possible for all but those Ultrasonic Pest Control Repeller work great.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #46

We use decon that comes with it in an plastic container, they eat it and take it back to their nest...poof!

2013 Forest River Salem/Sport Fifth WHL
2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax/Allison
Curt Q20 Fifth wheel, Champion Inverter3500
US Army Retired
Bikersarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #47
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
I know this may not be possible for all but those Ultrasonic Pest Control Repeller work great.
I got the 3 pack with the built in night lights. Didn't phase them. Maybe I should of tried the big unit they offered but it was almost 40 bux.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
I got the 3 pack with the built in night lights. Didn't phase them. Maybe I should of tried the big unit they offered but it was almost 40 bux.
Wow... We had tried everything possible and then got this Sounds like what you tried..

2 years now and no mice. This year cg turned off their power over the winter.
Will see how it goes without.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:50 PM   #49
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Wow... We had tried everything possible and then got this Sounds like what you tried..

2 years now and no mice. This year cg turned off their power over the winter.
Will see how it goes without.
That's them exactly. I got them though after I saw a mouse moving in. Hopefully they deter before they get in for you.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:18 PM   #50

Fresh Cab

Noticed one of the replies to original post mentions using fresh cab. Absolutely nothing wrong with using it. It works, and has a pleasant smell. However, if you choose to use this product, change it regularly as directed. The basic filler in the “teabags” is Milo. When the useful life is exceeded and the repelling smell dissipates, it’s just another food source. Used it for years in farm machinery and it works, just keep it fresh and remove the outdated pouches.
Kiradaranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:39 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
How well does that work in the winter?

That made me laugh!!
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:33 PM   #52

I have the same peppermint oil that you show in your picture and the mice like to carry the cotton balls around the coach. I tried bait packs in front and back of all my wheels and they would be gone in couple of days. Setup a game cam since i wanted to see those herds of mice but turned out to be a Possum and the sucker eat 16 bags of mice bait. Pickup all the bait out side and record the possum for several more nighs so I guess it doesn't kill possums.

End up with varies kinds of snap traps and peanut butter and I think I have them under control now. Buddy use glue pads and mouse pulled onto the carpet and got the sticky stuff and about foot square of carpet. I had a mouse eat two packets of cayenne pepper so these are tough mice.
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #53

Mice hate peppermint!! Righhhttt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeItEasy View Post
Lots of methods to deter, trap or kill mice. Of all the methods available I would recommend against poison for two reasons.

If the poisoned mouse leaves your trailer before it dies it may get eaten by a predator. The poison may kill the predator. I am guessing that would usually be a hawk or an owl. Killing the predator with poison meant for the mice may lead to more mice because of fewer predators. You may or may not care about that but it is something to consider.

The second reason is because the mouse that eats the poison will bleed out and die. It may be wondering around your trailer while this process is happening. I not sure I would want a mouse that is bleeding out walking around my trailer then dying inside my wall.

I would recommend sticking to the traps that kill them and keep them in one spot to be disposed of. If you do use traps I would plan on checking the traps every couple of days to avoid more unpleasant outcomes.

I have a third reason. His name is Howie. No he doesn’t eat mice, he eats the mouse/rat poison. He had the most colorful log deposits ever. Unfortunately the mouse poison is an anticoagulant. My poor dog was bleeding to death internally. The first time we were within reach of a Vet ER. We thought we had picked up all the poison only to find we had not. I remembered the treatment, large doses of Vitamin K2 for pets. All I could find, where I was located, was Vit. K for humans. I read where we can’t OD on it, nor evidently can dogs. I was lucky because he got over ten times the dosage. After about a week, the bruising where I carefully picked him up stopped. Two weeks later, he was normal. Well, as normal as any 11 lb Manchester Chihuahua ever is.

I am told that the newer poisons are a neuro-agent and there is no help.

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #54

Have automatic mouse trap that gets rid of the dead mouse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2721.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	156874

Just have to clean the litter pan
tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #55

My take is a combination of several deterrents. Last year I used 4 pouches of Fresh Cab, a couple of bars of cut up Irish Spring soap, half a box of Bounce dryer sheets and last but not least sticky strips. Outside around my generator I hung two pouches of Moth Balls and placed another two pouches on the engine manifold. Finally, set two snap traps on the inside of each wheel. Caught about 7 mice in the traps with no signs of intrusion into my rig. This year I'm keeping the rig home in my driveway. I have four pouches of Fresh Cab left over from last still in the sealed bags they come in. Hopefully they are still fresh enough. MY DW bought the plug in gizmos mentioned. Irish spring and dryer sheets with the Moth Balls outside. Being in the drive I'll be able to judge the situation through out winter. I don't think there is one magic bullet other than a good mean cat.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:52 PM   #56
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiradaranch View Post
The basic filler in the “teabags” is Milo. When the useful life is exceeded and the repelling smell dissipates, it’s just another food source.
The filler is ground up corncobs. Milo is grain sorghum, and yes, mice love milo and is a favorite food for doves, wild turkeys and pheasants.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:53 PM   #57

After two weeks at deer camp, I can 1000000000000% attest that SOME mice absolutely love Peppermint, Oil Thereof. These mice also love Dcon pellets.

To their detriment, however, they also happen to love pieces of Payday candy bar!!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:38 AM   #58
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
After two weeks at deer camp, I can 1000000000000% attest that SOME mice absolutely love Peppermint, Oil Thereof. These mice also love Dcon pellets.

To their detriment, however, they also happen to love pieces of Payday candy bar!!
It's about time someone started paying them for their troubles.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote