Old 05-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #11

Exhaust port covered from day 1. I was thinking it may be possible that they were falling on top of the trailer from the trees...but then that just seems so weird. I'm trying to avoid killing any of them at all by finding a way of stopping them from getting in. They are only in the floor heating ducts so I need to find how they are getting into them. Oh and fresh cab didn't work at all.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #12

i hate mice. I use cab fresh , pepermint oil, dryer sheets,and moth balls i buy the plastic solo bowls and put the stuff in them seperatly and place them everywhere, that way the smell does not soak into anything, in spring just pick up all the bowls throw them out let it air for a couple of hours good to go.
i live out in the country have mice in the sheds and barn but have never had any in the campers
cross my fingers knock on wood so far so good

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:20 AM   #13
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

We found a product called Cab Fresh which seemed to work well this past winter. It's packets - like very large tea bags - that you place near the openings and storage places. You can get it at some home depot / lowe's / menards type stores in the bug and critter repellant isles. It's totally harmless, is a repellant, not a poison. In addition to the steel wool, we've used peppermint oil and peppermint tea bags in our pop-ups in the past which worked good too.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 01:41 AM   #14

so does anyone know how they may be getting into the duct work? It's not from inside...help!!
Old 05-23-2015, 02:27 AM   #15
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cage5516 View Post
so does anyone know how they may be getting into the duct work? It's not from inside...help!!
Mice can enter through an opening smaller than the diameter of a dime. I've seen them squeeze through the ventilation ducts on the external access panel for our reefer. Any given RV, unless comprehensively mouse proofed, has numerous points of entry into just about anywhere within that RV - including the duct work for the heating system.
)
kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe View Post
Are you sure you plugged the heat exhaust port.
There is no way they can get from the exhaust of the furnace to the ductwork. If this was possible you would also have CO getting into the rv. If they are in the duct, you now probably have a hole in one of the distribution tubes that will let a lot of heated air into the belly of the rv.
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:12 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Beast View Post
There is no way they can get from the exhaust of the furnace to the ductwork. If this was possible you would also have CO getting into the rv. If they are in the duct, you now probably have a hole in one of the distribution tubes that will let a lot of heated air into the belly of the rv.
Correct Info! The (Ductwork) is very THIN Flex and can be (Chewed) by mice VERY easy, it is Not Sheet metal! Youroo!!
Old 05-24-2015, 04:22 AM   #18
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Correct Info! The (Ductwork) is very THIN Flex and can be (Chewed) by mice VERY easy, it is Not Sheet metal!
Not to mention that very few (any?) RV producers actually seal the heating system duct work. Some of our floor vent connections to the main ducting have gaps more than large enough for these critters to gain entry.
)
kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:09 AM   #19

We had mice last fall in the area underneath the 'frig. I placed 2 BIC mouse traps and the next day both were full. I removed them and placed 2 more for a few days and nothing. I then tossed numerous Bounce sheets around the inside of the RV. When I de-winterized this month, no mice. I've been told by numerous folks that moth balls and Bounce sheets are excellent for repelling mice.

Tags
heating