Old 07-29-2016, 12:19 AM   #31
Site Team

Location: Home of the 2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS CHICAGO CUBS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewjaz View Post
They DO work. I've used those in my house for YEARS.....and never a problem with mice since. The only thing many people don't realize is they have to be put out in the open for them to work....the sound won't go through couches and chairs.
You are correct!

Every weekend i would go to the seasonal site and have 1 or 2 mice in traps plus all the droppings.

We tried every thing to combat. This was spot on, only 1 mouse the first weekend after installing. 9 months later not a single sign of a mouse.

2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 92 nights of camping
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:29 AM   #32

Up until this year we used a Southwind motorhome that has been in the family for over 30 years. Every single year during winter storage mice always got in. We tried sealing up all the holes we could find but they still found a way in. Storing in a heated shop for about the first 25 years was likely the worst and we tried almost everything short of poison and moth balls. On Bounce sheets we found droppings, Irish Spring soap was chewed, mint soaked cotton balls were made into nests, coffee grounds were a mess, cedar didn't work. My aunt and uncle even lived in it with a cat for a few months and it didn't seem to make a difference. What we did was try to minimize mess and make it uninviting. Remove all food, clean out all cupboards and leave doors open, remove drawers and make sure all bedding and towels are in closed upper cabinets. And finally we set traps, plain old snap traps and live traps and checked them often. We caught less mice after doing that and clean up wasn't such a chore.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:06 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threegaleh View Post
We also use bounce inside and place moth balls all around the tires. So far so good.
I used to put Moth Balls under our propane cover on our old TT in the North woods,,, the Mice built a nest right next to the Moth Balls !!!
Old 07-29-2016, 07:37 AM   #34

These are very good comments and advise. I hate mice and won't touch one dead or alive. My wife worked with mice in her research at a major southern university, so you know who gets rid of the little bast..ds in our household when we get them. I like snakes and had to "relocate" them as part of my employment at a scout camp. Go figure!
Old 07-29-2016, 07:43 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfarmcafe View Post
These are very good comments and advise. I hate mice and won't touch one dead or alive. My wife worked with mice in her research at a major southern university, so you know who gets rid of the little bast..ds in our household when we get them. I like snakes and had to "relocate" them as part of my employment at a scout camp. Go figure!
Big snakes I belive eat mice hey ???
Old 07-29-2016, 08:07 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Big snakes I belive eat mice hey ???
I thought of that, but don't want to sleep on the couch.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:43 AM   #37

to keep them out is certainly preferred, ...... but if you already have them inside, a mouse trap baited with peanut butter can not be beat, .... mice can be so skillful and lite of touch, they can get the bait and not set off the trap,..... so smear a small dab of the pb under the little food lever, that way as they maneuver and work to get the pb from under it, they can not avoid tripping the trap, ....

in the 70's, lived in Cal. and found signs of mice in my garage(never saw them), that afternoon I set one trap with pb and checked it and re-baited it several times throughout the night,..... by the morning I had killed 13 mice and three different times had two mice at once in the trap, .... never saw another mouse or signs of them as long as I lived there,...peanut butter works better than anything, ..... some traps today have little scented blocks, smear pb on those as well, it'll draw them to the trap better than the scented block will ...

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:07 AM   #38

Peanut Butter on a rat trap works very well to trap Ground Squirrels also !!!
Old 07-29-2016, 09:45 AM   #39

This might be helpful when dealing with insects.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	115710  
Old 07-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #40

We use the same thing farmers use for their equipment. Go to farm store buy Cab Fresh. Nice smell too!

Tags
trailer