Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cootr68 View Post
I've had good luck with Fresh Cab on the farm. Tractors, combine, and trucks.
+1 on the fresh cab. Usually put 3packets in the TT and no problems.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #12

Our storage facility provides one bad arse mouser cat! One of our first visits at night he even brought us a new catch to show us he was workin! It was hilarious.
I recall my dad using steel wool around the wheels. Course that does not prevent flying mice. They are clever.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #13

Look up Fresh Cab on the internet. I use it in the new trailer and in the basement of our older house and no mice. Don't use it in the garage and I have lots of mice there. So I would say it works the way it should.
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #14

Lots of people put screen on the obvious parts they can see like fridge vents, etc. One place mice could get in, and it's not clearly visible, is the slide rams under the slides. Once in the underbelly who knows what hole they can use to gain access into the camper, even if you steel wool and foam all the plumbing and water access holes in the floor. I cut a section of screen about 5" X 5", cut out a hole the size of the slide ram, and cut a slit in the screen. Then slide it over the ram, apply a bead of caulk around the hole the ram slides into and push the screen into the caulk. I figure it can't hurt to take the extra precaution.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #15

We stored our pop up in our garage, one year they brought the d-con into camper and died in there. Easily found them, they also only chewed on curtains a little, not canvas thank goodness. The last couple winters I placed very small, shallow plastic containers of anti freeze all around and under the pop up, a couple inside and lots of bounce and sticky traps for good measure. Luckily haven't had a problem lately.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #16

Has anyone tried Mouse Free? Mouse Free | Mess Free Humane Mice Repellent We are getting it put on our trailer. I think it is best to prevent them form even coming in the trailer, i don't want to find a dead mouse in there. We have never had a problem in the 20 years we have bean camping 3 tent trailers and one TT. We always use in side storage for the winter. Another thing we do is we take every thing out of the trailer before storage, we leave only the original trailer stuff. No bedding, no dishes etc.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegoneill View Post
Has anyone tried Mouse Free? Mouse Free | Mess Free Humane Mice Repellent We are getting it put on our trailer. I think it is best to prevent them form even coming in the trailer, i don't want to find a dead mouse in there. We have never had a problem in the 20 years we have bean camping 3 tent trailers and one TT. We always use in side storage for the winter. Another thing we do is we take every thing out of the trailer before storage, we leave only the original trailer stuff. No bedding, no dishes etc.
I thought of this stuff but for the price in Canada once a year to be sprayed and if you get weeks of rain while travelling, I don't know how long it would be effective mixed in with road slop and washed off.
Thats why I stuck with the Fresh Cab route and that way every 3 months I get a fresk batch of 12. I put them in the house, the garage and the TT and sell what I have left over.

http://www.earth-kind.com/
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:43 AM   #18
Puma TT owner

I was told by our local dealer that fabric softner sheets may or may not work. He reconmended putting a couple of 5 gallon pails of charcol inside the camper. So I tried it this winter (stored trailer in brothers pole builing)along with fabric softner sheets. No mice problems found. The charcol give off a small aount of carbon dioxide which small rodents don't care for. Just started using the charcol in my grill so it wasn't wasted,worked fine. Anyone else use this method or anything close? Hope this helps!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #19

I found a point of access on the underside of my trl I wasn't even looking for. FR had put a small 4"x4" vent similar to the one for the battery compartment door vent. Took some screen material 2 layers and removed the vent and put it under the vent. Mice need the smallest opening and this vent provided it.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #20

If you can put your finger in it, a mouse can get in it. I put steel wool around all opening's. They don't like to chew that stuff. Inside we use bounce sheet's, and i throw a few mothball's under the trailer for the winter. (Canada eh) Seem's to be working just fine.