Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #1

Michigan State parks

Odd question, does anyone know if the drinking water hoses that you use to fill up your fresh water tank at the dump stations at state parks has a threaded end on it?
Old 05-18-2018, 09:44 AM   #2

Make certain that you're getting drinking water if you're filling up at a dump station. Usually the water at a dump station is not drinkable.

That said... get yourself a water bandit for sites where the threads are stripped on the fresh water connection.
https://www.campingworld.com/water-bandit-3-1-4
Old 05-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Funny...

Always wished I had a way to get water out of those state park water pumps...

And now that I have one (mine is called a 'Water Thief' - same thing)...I haven't had an opportunity to use it!

Although, I just moved from Colorado to Arizona (originally from southern Michigan), I'm told that I'll probably be going to a lot more state parks out here!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Make certain that you're getting drinking water if you're filling up at a dump station. Usually the water at a dump station is not drinkable.

That said... get yourself a water bandit for sites where the threads are stripped on the fresh water connection.
https://www.campingworld.com/water-bandit-3-1-4
At state parks in Michigan, they have a 'hose' for drinking water at the dump station. They also have non-drinkable water there but they have signs specifying which is which. I thinking of replacing me internal water filter with an outside one but I need something that will work when I fill my fresh water tank. I hope that makes sense.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin79 View Post
At state parks in Michigan, they have a 'hose' for drinking water at the dump station. They also have non-drinkable water there but they have signs specifying which is which. I thinking of replacing me internal water filter with an outside one but I need something that will work when I fill my fresh water tank. I hope that makes sense.
You could just carry an external water filter that fits the hose connection for when you are filling the fresh water tank.

Always good to have a backup for the internal one if needed anywayz!
Old 05-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
You could just carry an external water filter that fits the hose connection for when you are filling the fresh water tank.

Always good to have a backup for the internal one if needed anywayz!
That is what I want to do but I'm need to know if it will hook up to the fill hose or not.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #7

Surely they will have a threaded end on a fresh water fill hose. Many rvs do not have a gravity fill FW tank. Your best bet would be to call the state park you are interested in.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:57 AM   #8

And if you have the Water Thief then you can hook the hose up to one of those cheapie blue Camco water filters you can get at WallyWorld or Camping World!

By the by...I'm originally from Jackson, Michigan and recently relocated from Denver, Colorado to Yuma, Arizona!

Old 05-18-2018, 12:00 PM   #9

At my local regular park Ft Custer has threaded ends on two drinking water fill spots near dump station and one clearly marked non drinking for the dump station. Spread through out the campground there are water spickets that are not threaded.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
Spread through out the campground there are water spickets that are not threaded.
Those are the ones that you need the Water Thief/Bandit for...
Old 05-18-2018, 12:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin79 View Post
Odd question, does anyone know if the drinking water hoses that you use to fill up your fresh water tank at the dump stations at state parks has a threaded end on it?
I know Algonac and Lakeport do.
'01 Exiss 300MT Weekender

A wife and two dogs, isn't that enough?
rclogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #12

Important Info in regards to the "Water Thief/Water Bandit" these are just a push on Ribbed connection,they will NOT allow any Pressure to build! So if you are going to have even Slight Restrictive Pressure you will Need "Hose Clamps" at the connection Point! Youroo!!
Old 05-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #13

Both my city water and onboard water go through the same onboard filter. That being said, an external filter on the filling hose is a good idea when using an unfamiliar water source. Prevents unwanted "growth" in your drinking water. Just my two cents.
otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote