Old 05-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #21
When you are considering buying from a dealer, I recommend spending a few hours some day at their service center taking to current customers. You will quickly find out how efficient their service department is!

Once you are out of warranty, look for an independent RV service tech in the area.

We bought out of state at RV Wholesalers and we're happy with our purchase.

Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR 29 MBV
2010 Dodge 2500 Cummings
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 02:31 PM   #22
? buy out of state.

I bought local thinking that I would get decent warranty service but I was wrong. Some have had good experience but in the Baltimore area the dealer ignores warranty work until the shop is bare. In the future I'm going with price since the local dealer is worthless.

DocRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #23
Buying out of state

My experience was we saved thousands buying from . As previously stated the local dealer may blow you off for service but that is often the same result after they cash the "big check" when you buy there. Save as much as you can on the purchase and find an independent local RV repair guy by word of mouth.and give him a small fraction of your savings to go over your unit. Also most major systems warranties do not have to be serviced by only the selling dealer.
john.tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:12 PM   #24
We bought our last 3 rigs out-of-state for the substantial savings. Have NEVER had a problem with getting warranty work done at any dealers in any town. Of course we usually only take it to big-box dealers or camping world for any service. None of our RV group has ever had problems with local dealers refusing service because it wasn't bought there.

Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:20 PM   #25
Seriously considering RVW when we buy again. On a "preliminary" quote they look 4-5K cheaper(cheap 5er) than advertised prices + no options seen trailers advertised. They called me on the phone(had text quote in 1 minute). Sounds promising so far. JMO
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:43 PM   #26
It was well worth it for me to go out of state. I was able to save $35,000. Just pay DMV registration in your home state.
mtnlvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:45 PM   #27
We went 500 miles to West Virginia from upstate NY for our Silverback 29re. The local dealer did not have the coach we wanted and was way overboard on the pricing. Bottom line #1 get the coach you want, not settle for, they cost too much to compromise.#2 if you can save a lot (ours was discounted 41% off list) go for it, it's part of the fun! Enjoy
Ken and Wendy
'15 silverback 29RE
'13 GMC 2500HD
Otegoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #28
Smile RVW worked for us

We bought our rig last year at RVWholesalers in Ohio and they made it a great experience. We saved many thousand by driving from MA to OH and would do it again. The unit was perfect when we arrived, they went through everything with us before we took it off the lot. So far we have had no problems with the unit, but I am able to handle many of the repairs if I need to work on it. We went with a Soliare hybrid and we love it. Our local dealers do not have much of a reputation for quality repairs.
Pilot172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:14 PM   #29
I purchased our Polomino Solaire from RVW 2000 miles from my home. I got a great deal on the TT and RVW really followed up with the necessary warrenty work by contacting local repair shops that would honor the Forest River warrenty.
Steveinthehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:44 PM   #30
We bought our out of state 3 yrs ago and have had no problems. The few things that needed fixing my husband has done. We have an RV dealer near that has a parts dept we buy from( have also ordered online). We saved several thousand dollars on the purchase and got what we wanted. Good luck.

Ncgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote