Old 05-16-2016, 03:19 PM   #31

I learn so much from these posts. Now I will go buy some extra stuff to keep in storage.

I am good at forgetting where I put things, like my phone. I do find them later, like between two bowls when I was doing the dishes. Yup that phone never worked again.

2015 23BD Grey Wolf, 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights
Life is short
mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:34 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstudey View Post
I learn so much from these posts. Now I will go buy some extra stuff to keep in storage.

I am good at forgetting where I put things, like my phone. I do find them later, like between two bowls when I was doing the dishes. Yup that phone never worked again.
After feverishly looking everywhere for my sunglasses, I asked DW if she had seen them. She said "Yes, there on top of your head."

Old 05-16-2016, 04:02 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I feel your pain/loss,we have had "Thieves" take stuff from us at C/G hundreds of miles from Home,and when we return Home the "Thieves" have put the Stuff they took right where it is Stored! Youroo!!
One of the best replies ever.
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:02 PM   #34

Thief

We have camped for many years. Packing up to leave campsite for the day....I put everything away EXCEPT a box of pink Kleenex. When we returned I was so upset that someone took the whole box of pink Kleenex and just left the empty box. Later that afternoon my DH called me to look up......There was the prettiest pink squirrels nest you would have ever seen
Old 05-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #35
Mod free 5er

That's what I like about the hard cover tonneau cover I use while towing. You cannot lift the cover high enough to mess with the hitch latch which is also padlocked, you can't even unhook the break away cable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver side.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	108049  
Old 05-16-2016, 04:46 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I feel your pain/loss,we have had "Thieves" take stuff from us at C/G hundreds of miles from Home,and when we return Home the "Thieves" have put the Stuff they took right where it is Stored! Youroo!!
Yep, happens at work too.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:24 AM   #37

We were boondocking in southern Utah a few weeks ago and someone actually came to our campsite and stole our firewood. Nothing else. Wow!
Old 05-17-2016, 06:51 AM   #38
Occasional campers

Missing things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martsing View Post
Knowing me that would be good suspicion especially as I get older. I could have simply taken it off and NOT put it right into the sway bar. I could have set it on my truck bumper like I did with that nice leatherman tool I used to have and those needle nosed pliars that suffered the same fate.

Either way, I am suspicious in both directions, theft and stupidity

Marty
I did that with the helper tool for the bars--left it on the bumper. Had to buy another one.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:09 AM   #39
Cyber Phrenologist

I have found cargo pants to be an excellent memory aid when assembling and disassembling all sorts of stuff around the campsite.

If you put it in your big pockets, it will still be there reminding you to properly put it away.
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:14 AM   #40

Stolen, 20 year old Trek bicycle

After 6 years of seasonal camping at Steamboat Bend on the Ohio River we experienced our first loss this year, a 20 year old Trek bicycle that my DW rides.

The weird part is that the thief left a new Polaris off road bicycle right behind it. We keep both bikes under our fiver overhang to stay out of the weather and have never locked them up.

So now our bicycles, golf cart and power regulator are firmly locked up with bicycle anti-theft cables. While these cables can be defeated they deter the casual thief who is looking for easy pickings.

We get a lot of "drive through looky loo's" at our campground, especially on weekends but rarely after dark. In our case since it was so early in the season none of our neighbors were in residence so the bike presented an easy opportunity. A real shame that our world has come to this type of behavior, especially in a campground.