Old 05-25-2016, 08:16 AM   #51
Don't Camp Enough
Had one break in at storage lot many years ago. Some damage to door and screen. I keep our camper at my house now. Also, one time sons bikes went missing at CG. Found them later at pool area. Figured joyriding kids.
I don't recall any other issues with outright thievery.

'2016 Rockwood 8288WSA
'2010 Tundra

DSMURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:30 AM   #52
Just returned from a long weekend at Castaways...I'd like to think that the clientele there are not thieving low-lifes--if you can afford to camp there for a weekend, you shouldn't need to steal hitch pins and such. Plus you're not really going to get people just going by--Eagles Nest Rd is a dead end. So if you're going back there, you're either a camper or looking to engage in mischief. In which case, you should be flogged from the yardarm...

2015 XLR Hyperlite 30HFS5 (mods being performed regularly)
2009 Salem LA 292fkds (gone)
Nights- ('12)23 ('13)23 ('14)15 ('15)31 ('16)25
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2014 VW Jetta TDI (diesel sipper, camping support vehicle)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #53
Originally Posted by fishforfunman View Post
We were boondocking in southern Utah a few weeks ago and someone actually came to our campsite and stole our firewood. Nothing else. Wow!
Same thing happened to me while camping at Promised Land State Park in Pennsylvania. Had a stack of wood under the camper before went to go fishing. When I came back, neighbor had a stack of wood and mine was gone. Confronted him and after I stated I had exterior cameras (I lied), he returned my wood and left the park.
cgotto1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:11 PM   #54
In almost 40 years of camping, the only thing we have had stolen was a water hose. We do camp with a Tailgater satellite dish and I do sometimes worry about it, but so far it's not wandered off.
2016 R-Pod 179
BamaRVcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:39 PM   #55
We have never had anything taken at a campground, but while in storage someone tried to pry our door open with a crowbar and they tried to take our full propane bottles. They didn't get in the trailer or get the bottles since I had cable locked them but they did leave me with about a $500.00 repair bill. Later on we discovered someone was living in their trailer in the storage lot and stealing propane to heat their trailer and cook meth. Our only other bad experience was having 3 of our tires slashed while parked overnight on our street after getting home from a trip.

We now have a spot at the house to store the trailer and I've got a security camera system trained on the toys. I've also got two barky ankle biters that alert us to anything that moves.
jtaylor1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:44 PM   #56
When we still had our pop up we had to keep some of our coolers outside the unit. One weekend while camping at Lake of the Ozarks State Park someone decided to take (steal) our marinated pork steaks out of our cooler. I told myself they must have needed them more than us. The access in and out of the park was not secure after a certain time so anyone could drive through all nite long. I figured it was someone from outside the park that figured on taking advantage of people like myself who left "valuables" outside. Live and learn.
2015 Puma 29RBKS
2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 4X4
E2 WDH 10000lbs Air Lift Rear Helper Springs
Troy, Josie and our 2 K9 co-pilots Breck and Maggie
USN 86-92
Hugeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:41 PM   #57
Friends had a laptop and we had golf club stolen. Camp hosts had firewood stolen the same night. They broke my center console in my Durango when they went in to turn the dome lights off. Luckily, my $300 Nike driver, two weeks old, was facing the front of the truck. They only stole from the golf bag facing the back, and it was an el-cheapo $10 driver from Big Lots. It was a group of kids across from us. They cleared out bright and early. That was the last time we left our truck doors open.

2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is online now   Reply With Quote