Old 10-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #91
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
All good suggestions! Not sure how you can lift a 30 gallon portable tank
into a truck when it's full or nearly full.
Kill Shot Hitch Mounted Game Hoist

These things are AAWESOME. Ihave not used it for the portable tank YET. Lots of sources for them, but this was the cheapest I could find. However, it is hunting season and they are out of stock...

Old 10-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #92
Denver, CO

Also, if it's grey water, you may be able to pump it from the tank into a tank in the bed of the truck, if that is feasible.. Again there are lots of surplus tanks around that may fit the bill.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #93
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post

All good suggestions! Not sure how you can lift a 30 gallon portable tank
into a truck when it's full or nearly full. I know I couldn't!!
FWIW, I have been known to leave my sewer cap ON and then pull both
gray and black tank dump valves. I only do this on rare occasions and only
when the gray tank is nearly full. This allows the gray water to seek it's own
level with the black tank and since the black tank is nearly empty, the
gray water runs to the black tank.

Problem is this leaves waste water in the short pipe between the dump
valves and the cap. Later, when I remove the cap there is about a gallon of
spillage. In our case we only pee in the toilet so it's not as bad as could
be if folks use the toilet for the heavy stuff. What's trapped is mostly
gray water since that tank that was full when the valves were
pulled. I also make sure to pull the gray valve 1st. This isn't ideal but it's another option.
Op said 3-4 guys with him.
I was going by that.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #94

I spent close to $30k on a trailer that was supposed to have 70 gal of grey. Why should I spend more money and a bunch of my time on parts and accessories for the trailer when it should have been sold as advertised, or at least told before the sale.
From what I have been reading lately, FR doesn't have very good customer service.
I hope that is not the case with my issue and some of the other guys with the same trailer and same issue.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #95
Site Team

I agree with you and Im totaly in your corner on this one!, Folks here are just trying to help you make things work somehow.
Contact fr and your dealer to see what can be done. Tell them how you feel nicely of course!Run the gambit of things you can do to encourage them for a FIX to your prob(talk to a Lawyer) ..
But In the end I dont think forest river is going to do much of anything for you.
Dont think the dealer going to take the unit back either at 100% of what you paid for it.
It sucks!! but some how your going to have to figure out how to deal with the small tank in the end. Even if you had the 2nd tank it doesn't sound like it would do much good because its not connected to the shower.
Hope for the best for ya!
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #96
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro boy View Post
I spent close to $30k on a trailer that was supposed to have 70 gal of grey. Why should I spend more money and a bunch of my time on parts and accessories for the trailer when it should have been sold as advertised, or at least told before the sale.
From what I have been reading lately, FR doesn't have very good customer service.
I hope that is not the case with my issue and some of the other guys with the same trailer and same issue.
Pm sent
Old 10-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #97
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
I agree with you and Im totaly in your corner on this one!, Folks here are just trying to help you make things work somehow.
Contact fr and your dealer to see what can be done.
I think this is the best advice. I'm not sure what we can do or say here that will change things or your opinion of anything. It seems like we've only upset you more.

Keep in mind, we aren't associated with FR in any way. We're simply a "fan forum".

Good luck.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #98

Im not upset with anyone. They are all great ideas if I bought a used trailer. The service rep that i was talking to at my dealer, no longer works there. So now im dealing with someone new. Hopefully everything works out.

I appreciate all the good ideas that everyone had. Thank you
Old 10-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #99
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro boy View Post
Im not upset with anyone. They are all great ideas if I bought a used trailer. The service rep that i was talking to at my dealer, no longer works there. So now im dealing with someone new. Hopefully everything works out.

I appreciate all the good ideas that everyone had. Thank you
It sounds like you have the name of the warranty person in your email. It's possible that it is worthwhile for you to reach out to the manufacturer directly in addition to your dealer. I believe we have a "Contact Info" thread that has a link to names and phone numbers of the various warranty contact folks.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
One possibly remedy, would be to ask your dealer to GIVE you a 36 gal portable waste tank. That way you'd be able to fill your 36g grey, & the portable waste tank. Much easier then adding another tank, unless they offer that or you are extremely handy. Just a thought. I'm sure you'd like this behind you and to just go camping Happy campin!
X2 on this solution for an otherwise not solvable problem ( selling this init or trading in for another one seems not doable)