Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #101

I would have the dealer give me 2 twenty gallon blue totes. One person could lift one into the back of a pickup. Or get 2 fifteen gallon ones. This assumes the place you boon dock allows you to dump into a blue tote. From what you said we don't know what they actually allow. Good luck. I would be livid as well.
cecilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #102

Update: While there is no "fix" for this, the manufacturer is at least making concessions on this for me. After bringing my concerns to the attention of the sales rep at the dealership I purchased this unit from (and he subsequently relayed to his rep at the manufacturer), I was contacted directly by two reps from Palomino. While we're still in the process of deciding just how they're going to make good, so far they are sending me a Thetford 35 gallon tote.

Just and FYI.
Kbosch74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #103

I brought my trailer in last weekend to the dealer for a tear in the vinyl floor under warranty. They said they were taking everything out to change the floor, so I said that while everything is out to install the second tank and plumb the vent line and I will do the drain. The girl at the desk said ok but I dont have very much confidence in her. She takes your info and then passes it on to someone else to do all the calling around. But we will see. They said I should get a call around december sometime as to when they will start working on it. Its winter up here so I cant use it till spring.
astro boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #104

Astro boy, keep fingers crossed that the dealer does not let you down. I would write a letter or email to the dealer to confirm what you expect them to do including the additional tank and vent pluming.
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #105

I would send one more email and ask what specific "code violation" caused the change. It sounds like a smoke and mirrors excuse.

If they do provide one, I would look it up and determine if it is valid.
joshuajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #106

Astro Boy, That is one frustrating nightmare of a story! I hope it all works out for you. I am getting ready to buy a 8280ws and will be triple checking that Forest River doesn't rip me off by not installing the tanks listed in their advertising.... or anything else for that matter.
Mtelkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #107

We had the same thing happen to us when we purchased our 2013 Sandpiper 320RL. The spec sheet listed 108 gallons of gray capacity but when we did our PDI the rep said there was only one tank with 54 gallon capacity. The dealer gave us a tote and installed a couple of options we asked for at no charge. I filled the tank to full capacity on the first trip out to our property and measured the discharge and it was 60 gallons. We got the same responce from the Forest River rep about the right to make changes. Other than that we have been very pleased with the camper and the dealer responce to the few problems we have experienced.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbosch74 View Post
Update: While there is no "fix" for this, the manufacturer is at least making concessions on this for me. After bringing my concerns to the attention of the sales rep at the dealership I purchased this unit from (and he subsequently relayed to his rep at the manufacturer), I was contacted directly by two reps from Palomino. While we're still in the process of deciding just how they're going to make good, so far they are sending me a Thetford 35 gallon tote.

Just and FYI.
PM"ed you
astro boy is offline   Reply With Quote