Old 10-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

I have 3 tanks and 2 discharge valves, one of which I've never used as I hard plumbed the galley tank into the front discharge.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I have 4 tanks and two valves.

Turbs
And a "too short" hose.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

And a "too short" hose.
You got that right!

Needed timmys, yours and poopin kennys
Old 10-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #14

If we have 2 showers and wash the dishes twice, the grey water is 3/4 full. I found that weird since its supposed to be a 70 gallon tank. Fresh water is only 32 gallons. Its easy to put fresh water into the trailer. So i emailed FR and asked why I only had one valve on the grey. Gave them my VIN number and they said they had to eliminate one due to a code violation. If they knew before it left the factory that it was missing a tank, they should have had a piece of paper taped to the counter stating that it only had 38 gallons instead of 70.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My wife, 5 teens and I stayed 3 nights n 4 days camping on 32 gallons of fresh water.
You may need to be a little more diligent with water usage.

Get wet
Soap up including hair
Rinse
Done

Turbs
Old 10-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #16

I know how to save water while showering. We were only gone for one night, so i wasn't concerned about saving water. More of a test to see how much water the tanks hold. With 70 gallons of grey, the tank level shouldn't have moved after a couple of showers and washing dishes.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro boy View Post
I know how to save water while showering. We were only gone for one night, so i wasn't concerned about saving water. More of a test to see how much water the tanks hold. With 70 gallons of grey, the tank level shouldn't have moved after a couple of showers and washing dishes.
Keep in mind to not trust what the tank sensors say your tank level is.

There highly inaccurate!

Turbs
Old 10-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro boy View Post
My point is even if you only do have 32 gallons of grey and you trully was at 3/4 after one night your not saving much water.
furthermore I only "had" 32 gallons and never used that much in 4 days which means I didn't fill 32 gallons of grey with 6 people.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #19

Our Solera has only one kitchen sink basin. SWMBO puts a gallon in a dishpan, washes dishes in that... a gallon of rinse water in the sink basic,and that's only appx 2 gals for washing dishes.

As for showers - we installed an Oxygenics shower head with a full shutoff valve. Our procedure uses minimal water but it's better than a "marine" bath. We just wet down the body, and turn off the flow... lather up and rinse... then do same with our hair. I doubt we use more than a couple gallons per shower. Recent trip out west we went 6 days on one tankful (35 gals per FR spec); that of course included black water use, but we used public facilities for toileting wherever possible.

My point is that one can get by with smaller tanks, but it takes practice. But the OP has a point. Whenever basic specs change it's incumbent on the manufacturer and/or dealer to inform the buyer. As to color changes, etc. it's easy to see those changes in the PDI and buyer has right to walk away if it's not what he ordered. Something like tank sizes would not be detectable. However... if you drive it off the lot, it's yours irregardless!
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
Have you checked the capacity yourself? I have two tanks plumbed together with one handle. Two 32 gallon tanks. To verify I timed out a gallon on the kitchen sink. Let it run long enough for 50 gallons. You could do something similar to know for sure.
And I had 50gal galley and 50gal bathroom gray tanks on one dump valve on a wildcat.

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote