Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Keep in mind to not trust what the tank sensors say your tank level is.

There highly inaccurate!

Turbs
X2

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #22

I like how this thread went from FR taking a grey tank out of my trailer and not telling anyone when purchased, to how i have a shower and wash dishes on "X" amount of water with "X" amount of people.
astro boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #23

Call FR, give them the last 7 of your vin and they will tell you exactly how large your grey water tank is.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro boy View Post
I like how this thread went from FR taking a grey tank out of my trailer and not telling anyone when purchased, to how i have a shower and wash dishes on "X" amount of water with "X" amount of people.
At this point you have to deal with what you have ...... no?

Were trying to help you with the hand you've been dealt.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #25
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
At this point you have to deal with what you have ...... no?

We're trying to help you with the hand you've been dealt.
X2, join the group that has to kinda watch water usage even if you're hooked to city water and also have sewer hook up. We go to FL and spend 3+ months and only empty tanks once a week for 2 of us.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #26

What does the sticker in the cabinet say for gray capacity? I agree it's BS that they say they can switch at any time. At least put a note somewhere that states the capacity was changed.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
It's not that members cannot relate to your situtation or feel for you but it comes down to a couple of things:

1) We cannot change the fine print in the contact or FR adverts.

2) We can try to offer suggestions for saving water since we cannot increase the size of the holding tank.

With that said it has to be disappointing to not to get something was a deal maker in the selection choice and not to be given the heads up about it.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #28
Denver, CO

Quote:
If it was designed for a tank, find out what size and put one in...
Old 10-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #29

My 2014 Wildwood has 2 grey tanks with 2 valves. The galley tank, which is about 20 gal or so has it's own valve but is plumbed into the line and valve that dumps the main grey tank. The galley tank also has it's own sensors. I'm curious what code , if any, was broken with 2 grey tanks.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg1 View Post
I'm curious what code , if any, was broken with 2 grey tanks.
X2
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #31

I looked at the sticker in the cabinet door. Doesn't say anywhere what size the tanks are. I looked all over the trailer to find another sticker. Was just the one in the kitchen. Just. Tells me what appliances are in it.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #32

I just bought the exact same trailer and I have the exact same problem. Forest river said it was 38 gallon grey tank and that's about what I measured by running the shower for 22 or so minutes. They also said the clean water tank was 25 gallons instead of 32 it was supposed to be.
Extremely frustrating! Do I sell it and go try to buy something else!?
Bon Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #33

Do not forget that freshwater capacity always include the water heater capacity. You have to add up the freshwater tank and the water heater to come to the advertised total.
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #34

Yeah it may include that in fresh water.
The grey was supposed to be 76 gal but is only 38 gal. It even still says 76 gallons on the manufactures website.
Bon Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #35

This happened to me when I bought my used 2009 Salem VERY annoying to find out you have ALOT capacity less than you expected. From 76 gals to 38 is ALOT we are not talking about a 10% difference that may not be worth bitching over. It's half of what was expected and ridiculous to not expect somebody to be annoyed about it.
Nights camped in 2014 = 19
(2013 = 36)
(2012 = 42)
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #36

If they put something in the trailer stating that they had to eliminate one tank and now its only 38 gallons, then at least I would know when I bought it. I could choose to buy it or another trailer. Finding out after just pisses you off. Sorry to hear that "bon voyage" has the same problem. I thought that maybe it was just my trailer, so I emailed FR and asked if it was all 317bhsk. That was 3 days ago and no reply.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #37

Well, thanks to this thread and another some of you have posted on, I have the exact same problem. Just bought my 317BHSK several weeks ago. One of the primary selling points was the larger tanks.

I'm camping right now as I type this. 3 night trip. I have a family of 5. I've already had to offload the black and grey tanks and just 10 minutes ago had to haul two gallon milk jugs several times to fill my fresh water tank, which was advertised as 32 gallons but I now find out is now 24.

One of the biggest reasons I switched from pop-up camping to this was to eliminate such tasks. $25 grand later and I'm still doing it.

This type of nonsense would never be tolerated with automobiles, motorcycles, homes, etc.
I'm going to walk around with a similar disclaimer printed on a TShirt just so I can say and do anything I want...I'll just point to the disclaimer. Bullsh*t.
Kbosch74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #38
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbosch74 View Post
Well, thanks to this thread and another some of you have posted on, I have the exact same problem. Just bought my 317BHSK several weeks ago. One of the primary selling points was the larger tanks.

I'm camping right now as I type this. 3 night trip. I have a family of 5. I've already had to offload the black and grey tanks and just 10 minutes ago had to haul two gallon milk jugs several times to fill my fresh water tank, which was advertised as 32 gallons but I now find out is now 24.

One of the biggest reasons I switched from pop-up camping to this was to eliminate such tasks. $25 grand later and I'm still doing it.

This type of nonsense would never be tolerated with automobiles, motorcycles, homes, etc.
I'm going to walk around with a similar disclaimer printed on a TShirt just so I can say and do anything I want...I'll just point to the disclaimer. Bullsh*t.
24 with the HW tank is either 30 or 34. Pretty close.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
24 with the HW tank is either 30 or 34. Pretty close.
And then the sink will probably hold five, then the bathroom sink.... Since when does freshwater tank size include the water heater capacity.That sounds kinda odd..

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #40

To the OP sorry to hear that was done to you. I agree, you should have been notified. Changing the color of a chair is much different then changing the stated capacities of the trailer.

I think your only option is to work with FR and find out of the other tank can be added. And since I'm sure they didn't discount the trailer after removing the other tank, I would want the 2nd tank at no charge.

I doubt you have any legal options but you may be able to get some good will help to get it corrected. Good luck!

2017 Ford F350 CCSB
Mods and Pics
BurgPath is offline   Reply With Quote