Old 10-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #81
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro boy View Post
I didn't get an options list. looked through all the paperwork twice. I didn't order any options and like VinceU said, the 70gal is std.
Sorry to hear about all this. But what can you do about it now? No one likes to think they messed up when making a major purchase.
I dont think you did! Im in the bait and switch camp. They should have told you seeing it was advertised and still is at 76 gallons. That would have been the honest thing to do.
You can ask for a trade to a different unit or learn to live with it. It looks like a real nice unit! Your gonna have to get passed this one way or another.
For me I traded a 2013 tracer near lemon in for a 2014 Lacrosse that we like much better.
Took the hit on the trade with the only regret was I bought the tracer.
Good luck!

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #82
Mod free 5er

Get creative and add another tank or like Plato said, take the hit and trade it in for one that has the extra tank.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:05 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro boy View Post
I didn't get an options list. looked through all the paperwork twice. I didn't order any options and like VinceU said, the 70gal is std.
You did not receive the product you contracted to purchase. The specs are still misrepresented on the Palomino website. Document all the evidence supporting your position. Do some research and find a contact in upper management at Palomino (maybe someone here has contact information they could provide).
When you find the proper contact at Palomino communicate with them via email to enable you to easily document all exchanges of information. Be professional and courteous explaining your situation and ask them what are they prepared to do to remedy the situation. There is a good chance they will cooperate and provide an equitable solution.

If Palomino does not cooperate ... did you finance the purchase? If so... go to your financial institution and get them involved... they may be able to assist you.

Good luck
Old 10-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #84

I know that the CEO of forest river is Peter Liegl. Forest River, Inc. 228 W. High St. 55470 CR 1. Elkhart, IN 46516. PO Box 3030. Elkhart, IN 46515 I found this on this forum. I do not have his email address. If someone has it, can they please send it to me. Would be greatly appreciated.
We really like our trailer. Im not rich and cannot afford to just sell it and buy another one. The large grey water was a huge selling feature for us. What do you do when the grey water is full and your standing in water to have a shower because you cannot empty the tank where you are. The tanks in my last trailer were larger.

Its like buying a car that claims 70mpg. So you buy it and the best you can get is 38mpg. Are you just supposed to deal with it, or trade it in and keep buying new cars until you get the right one?

All the manufacture had to do is tell all the dealers that the tanks were changed, and make sure that the customer knew. Then I would have known to purchase this trailer with the smaller tanks or buy another trailer.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #85

One possibly remedy, would be to ask your dealer to GIVE you a 36 gal portable waste tank. That way you'd be able to fill your 36g grey, & the portable waste tank. Much easier then adding another tank, unless they offer that or you are extremely handy.

Just a thought. I'm sure you'd like this behind you and to just go camping

Happy campin!
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #86
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
One possibly remedy, would be to ask your dealer to GIVE you a 36 gal portable waste tank. That way you'd be able to fill your 36g grey, & the portable waste tank. Much easier then adding another tank, unless they offer that or you are extremely handy.

Just a thought. I'm sure you'd like this behind you and to just go camping

Happy campin!
Good idea.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #87
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
One possibly remedy, would be to ask your dealer to GIVE you a 36 gal portable waste tank. That way you'd be able to fill your 36g grey, & the portable waste tank. Much easier then adding another tank, unless they offer that or you are extremely handy. Just a thought. I'm sure you'd like this behind you and to just go camping Happy campin!
I think in a prior post, astro boy indicated that at the motocross events he attends that it's against the rules to offload gray water at all. He needs to carry it until the end of the event.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #88
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

I think in a prior post, astro boy indicated that at the motocross events he attends that it's against the rules to offload gray water at all. He needs to carry it until the end of the event.
Well if he offloads 30 gallon into his portable tank and then puts tank in truck till after event and dump where he'd normally dump he'd be fine no?

I took it as there was nowhere to dump at track and no one should dump on the ground.

Turbs
Old 10-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #89
Denver, CO

If there is a space where the tank goes that isn't there, find out what size and put one in. You can pick up surplus tanks and hardware ALL over the place.

AND maybe suggest that palomino bankroll the additional tank. In the meantime shift some of your grey water to your black tank (many do that with the dishwater in a tub, the prewarming shower water etc.)
Old 10-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #90
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
If there is a space where the tank goes that isn't there, find out what size and put one in. You can pick up surplus tanks and hardware ALL over the place.

AND maybe suggest that palomino bankroll the additional tank. In the meantime shift some of your grey water to your black tank (many do that with the dishwater in a tub, the prewarming shower water etc.)
All good suggestions! Not sure how you can lift a 30 gallon portable tank
into a truck when it's full or nearly full. I know I couldn't!!
FWIW, I have been known to leave my sewer cap ON and then pull both
gray and black tank dump valves. I only do this on rare occasions and only
when the gray tank is nearly full. This allows the gray water to seek it's own
level with the black tank and since the black tank is nearly empty, the
gray water runs to the black tank.

Problem is this leaves waste water in the short pipe between the dump
valves and the cap. Later, when I remove the cap there is about a gallon of
spillage. In our case we only pee in the toilet so it's not as bad as could
be if folks use the toilet for the heavy stuff. What's trapped is mostly
gray water since that tank that was full when the valves were
pulled. I also make sure to pull the gray valve 1st. This isn't ideal but it's another option.

1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote