Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #1

Missing Virginia Tech Student

Back in mid-October, a young Virginia Tech student went missing after leaving a concert at the John Paul Jones Arena on the campus of the University of Virginia. A website has been set up by her parents in an effort to find their daughter. I am linking it here so if any of you in your travels should see her, please call the UVA police department, or the Virginia State Police at the numbers listed on the website.

Lets try to find her. I am making this a sticky for a few weeks.

Thanks a bunch.

http://findmorgan.com/

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #2

Bump

Old 11-28-2009, 07:15 AM   #3

Bumping again. Sadly no new news on this.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #4

I fell so sad for her parents, My daugther is a senior in college in PA and this one of the things that keeps me on edge.....What is wrong with people? I hope and pray that there is a positive ending.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #5

I have a niece that commutes to community college every day and my next door neighbor has a daughter who commutes to her school every day. We both always worry about them until we see them pulling into the driveway.

Still no word on Morgan.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

My youngest daughter goes to Liberty down in your area. We're always worried when she leaves to come home or leaves home to go back with the long drive. Most of the time she drives with one or two other students that live in our area.
We lost our nephew Tim last November 29th in a vehicle accident. He was 32 and left behind two young children. It's been really tough on his parents and the rest of the family but not knowing what has happened to your child must be the worst feeling there is. I pray for this family and hope this turns out positive for them.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #7

A new development. A body was found near LU in Campbell County on Candlers Mountain that has been there several weeks. The coroner's office is performing an autopsy now to see who it is. They have determined that it was a young woman but no ID yet. Whoever it is, sadly someone has lost a loved one.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Kim, I heard that on the news this morning. I understand that the clothes found on the scene did not match up with what Morgan was wearing at the time of her disappearance here in Charlottesville. I understand that there are 2 missing females in your area. I just don't understand why this kinda thing goes on.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Kim, I heard that on the news this morning. I understand that the clothes found on the scene did not match up with what Morgan was wearing at the time of her disappearance here in Charlottesville. I understand that there are 2 missing females in your area. I just don't understand why this kinda thing goes on.
They have now identified the person. It is not Morgan so there is hope she is still alive somewhere.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post

There are alot of sick minded people in the world that pray on those who can not defend themselves, mainly Women and children. This just burns me up and if I saw this kind of action in the making, then I would have to step in and get involved.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
There are alot of sick minded people in the world that pray on those who can not defend themselves, mainly Women and children. This just burns me up and if I saw this kind of action in the making, then I would have to step in and get involved.
Amen, brother.

Kim, I saw on the news this morning that officials have identified the body found in Campbell County, and that she was local to the area. But I didn't hear what the details of her disappearace were.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #12

She was a young lady that went missing on October 10 from downtown Lynchburg. So far they police have no suspects in this case.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #13

FYI, I would like to pass this on. This is about pepper spray and wasp spray as a self defence tool mainly for women of all ages.
This was a question from a Lady that had ask her local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended that she should use wasp spray and the reason is: That wasp spray can shoot up to 20 feet away and it is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something else I saw on 60 minus or 20/20 a few nights ago about young girls in nightclubs. There are men inside of the clubs and out side just waiting for an intoxicated girls that are falling all over the place, they are pick up and forced to go with these predators. A security camera in one of the clubs recorded a men picking up a girl off of here seat that was slump over and carried her out of the club and no one stopped him. The report later said that the man was cough before anything happen to her, the man was charged with attempt rape and kidnapping, he is now doing 3 years in prison.
For those that have young daughters, please pass this on to them and there friends.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #14

Sadly the State Police have found what they believe is Morgan Harrington's body on a farm near Charlottesville. Our prayers go out the the Harrington family in this time of great sorrow in their lives. May the creep that did this be caught and brought to justice soon, before he does it again.

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state_...arle_co/77095/

Old 01-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
Sadly the State Police have found what they believe is Morgan Harrington's body on a farm near Charlottesville. Our prayers go out the the Harrington family in this time of great sorrow in their lives. May the creep that did this be caught and brought to justice soon, before he does it again.

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state_...arle_co/77095/
Thanks for the update, Kim. I haven't tuned into the C'Ville news this evening yet, so I was not aware of the developements.

Amen on catching the creep.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:08 AM   #16

I am sorry to say I heard the bad news this morning at 4:30 am when I arrived to work. To the parents of this young lady, I fell so sad for you and may justice prevail and this person that has committed this crime burn in HELL.......
Old 01-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #17
CLASS "A" Senior Member

My sincere sympathy to the Harrington Family. I'm not sure which is worse, knowing or not knowing where she was?? We all just need to watch out for each other and pray that this animal is caught and is given a just sentence. He'll certainly get his once he leaves this world.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #18
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
The state coroner has made a positive identification of the body as being Morgan.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote