Old 08-21-2016, 06:53 PM   #1

Angry More Camping World non- service

I had an appointment a week ago for minor service at Camping World in Valencia, CA that I had scheduled one month in advance. I travel solo in my Solera w/ my big dogs and no toad. I live 250 miles away. Upon arrival I'm told that they won't be able to get to me until next week. So I camp the LA area for a week and came back Fri. at 8 am sharp as they had requested. I hassled getting an Enterprise rental car that cost me $115. For a Toyota Rav4 for one day. With my two dogs and 100 degree heat it's a big inconvenience. I come back later that Fri. afternoon and see that my Solera had never even moved from where it was parked at 8 am. They don't work weekends there. I was furious!! Customer non- service again and I had to drive back home repairs not even looked at so parts couldn't get ordered. The manager told me that when I come back they will deduct my rental car bill from Friday off of my invoice. Frankly, they've jerked me around in the past and did a poor installation job on my HWH jacks that I had to have rewelded in Reno. I don't think it's even worth getting a rental car refund from them to try to get any service done there.

I don't know why there's such a lack of competition and places to get RV service done in this industry. It seems like they are all running weeks behind when trying to get an appointment year round , and then they say they will need your vehicle for some ridiculous length of time for only minor services.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
I had an appointment a week ago for minor service at Camping World in Valencia, CA that I had scheduled one month in advance. I travel solo in my Solera w/ my big dogs and no toad. I live 250 miles away. Upon arrival I'm told that they won't be able to get to me until next week. So I camp the LA area for a week and came back Fri. at 8 am sharp as they had requested. I hassled getting an Enterprise rental car that cost me $115. For a Toyota Rav4 for one day. With my two dogs and 100 degree heat it's a big inconvenience. I come back later that Fri. afternoon and see that my Solera had never even moved from where it was parked at 8 am. They don't work weekends there. I was furious!! Customer non- service again and I had to drive back home repairs not even looked at so parts couldn't get ordered. The manager told me that when I come back they will deduct my rental car bill from Friday off of my invoice. Frankly, they've jerked me around in the past and did a poor installation job on my HWH jacks that I had to have rewelded in Reno. I don't think it's even worth getting a rental car refund from them to try to get any service done there.

I don't know why there's such a lack of competition and places to get RV service done in this industry. It seems like they are all running weeks behind when trying to get an appointment year round , and then they say they will need your vehicle for some ridiculous length of time for only minor services.
If you are on Twitter you could notify CW's owner, Marcus Lemonis of the Profit TV show. @marcuslemonis Mention how they didn't care about you. I suspect you will get some action.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:49 AM   #3

You could try posting you dis-satisfaction and frustration here: RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camping World Service and Installation

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:20 PM   #4
CMSgt. (Ret) Charlie Brown

Camping World in Oakwood, Georgia has had our friend's Tuscany motor home for 5 months. It was in to have a damaged cargo door repaired and also a slide motor replaced. After repairing the door they told her they had "lost" her work order for the slide motor and would have to work her back into the lineup. And the beat continues..........
I do not know how they stay in business.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #5

I purchased a Forestor MBS2401 from Camping World in Akron Ohio and one week latter the Schwinteck slide broke. Took unit to Camping World in Houghton Lake Michigan. They had me 100% fixed in 4 days. Could not be happier. I called the factory and found out about a service advisory and they next day aired the part. Service does't always happen like this. Houghton Lake has their act together. Many thanks to Travis the service advisor
Old 08-23-2016, 02:04 PM   #6

We have had decent service from CW in Anthony, Texas. It's a big box place so yeah, you have to be very patient. We only use it for really major repairs, otherwise we use an independent.

I always hear everybody trashing CW but we have had good experiences at this one and one in Tucson, AZ.

Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:40 PM   #7

CW in Myrtle Beach is fantastic. Needless to say they are really busy during summer being a huge RV tourist destination.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:54 PM   #8

Well folks,
The CW in Kaysville, Ut doesn't seem to be much better than what most of you are experiencing. I took in my FR Wildcat T28RKS last year, and because of issues with the cable gate dump valve for the black water tank, I had them change the cable to a rod gate dump valve. Because of some bad work hours and other vacations that took away from using the RV, I did even get it out until this month (August 2016). When I was checking it out preparing to go to Bear Lake, Utah, I was testing the results of CW's work. Oh boy, was I surprised. Leaked from the valve like it was half open. I am really disappointed but have to blame myself for not checking their work earlier. It's beneath the underbelly so it will be a pain to fix, but I'm certain CW will not believe my story after this long. Wish me luck trying to repair it myself.
bradybr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:14 PM   #9

That experience was not unusual for many RV dealers
not just Camping World.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #10

We also give the CW in Tucson a big thumbs up. There are a few dozen RV dealerships in the area, and we could get our SOB into any one of them for service, but the CW always gives us a decent time. We do take it to an independent job for most of the Ford motor/chassis work, but wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Our only complaint is their extra small parking lot, but they built on an existing lot and made due with what they had.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, service