Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 05:53 PM   #1

Angry More Camping World non- service

I had an appointment a week ago for minor service at Camping World in Valencia, CA that I had scheduled one month in advance. I travel solo in my Solera w/ my big dogs and no toad. I live 250 miles away. Upon arrival I'm told that they won't be able to get to me until next week. So I camp the LA area for a week and came back Fri. at 8 am sharp as they had requested. I hassled getting an Enterprise rental car that cost me $115. For a Toyota Rav4 for one day. With my two dogs and 100 degree heat it's a big inconvenience. I come back later that Fri. afternoon and see that my Solera had never even moved from where it was parked at 8 am. They don't work weekends there. I was furious!! Customer non- service again and I had to drive back home repairs not even looked at so parts couldn't get ordered. The manager told me that when I come back they will deduct my rental car bill from Friday off of my invoice. Frankly, they've jerked me around in the past and did a poor installation job on my HWH jacks that I had to have rewelded in Reno. I don't think it's even worth getting a rental car refund from them to try to get any service done there.

I don't know why there's such a lack of competition and places to get RV service done in this industry. It seems like they are all running weeks behind when trying to get an appointment year round , and then they say they will need your vehicle for some ridiculous length of time for only minor services.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
I had an appointment a week ago for minor service at Camping World in Valencia, CA that I had scheduled one month in advance. I travel solo in my Solera w/ my big dogs and no toad. I live 250 miles away. Upon arrival I'm told that they won't be able to get to me until next week. So I camp the LA area for a week and came back Fri. at 8 am sharp as they had requested. I hassled getting an Enterprise rental car that cost me $115. For a Toyota Rav4 for one day. With my two dogs and 100 degree heat it's a big inconvenience. I come back later that Fri. afternoon and see that my Solera had never even moved from where it was parked at 8 am. They don't work weekends there. I was furious!! Customer non- service again and I had to drive back home repairs not even looked at so parts couldn't get ordered. The manager told me that when I come back they will deduct my rental car bill from Friday off of my invoice. Frankly, they've jerked me around in the past and did a poor installation job on my HWH jacks that I had to have rewelded in Reno. I don't think it's even worth getting a rental car refund from them to try to get any service done there.

I don't know why there's such a lack of competition and places to get RV service done in this industry. It seems like they are all running weeks behind when trying to get an appointment year round , and then they say they will need your vehicle for some ridiculous length of time for only minor services.
If you are on Twitter you could notify CW's owner, Marcus Lemonis of the Profit TV show. @marcuslemonis Mention how they didn't care about you. I suspect you will get some action.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:49 AM   #3

You could try posting you dis-satisfaction and frustration here: RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camping World Service and Installation
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #4

Camping World in Oakwood, Georgia has had our friend's Tuscany motor home for 5 months. It was in to have a damaged cargo door repaired and also a slide motor replaced. After repairing the door they told her they had "lost" her work order for the slide motor and would have to work her back into the lineup. And the beat continues..........
I do not know how they stay in business.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
C. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:40 AM   #5

I purchased a Forestor MBS2401 from Camping World in Akron Ohio and one week latter the Schwinteck slide broke. Took unit to Camping World in Houghton Lake Michigan. They had me 100% fixed in 4 days. Could not be happier. I called the factory and found out about a service advisory and they next day aired the part. Service does't always happen like this. Houghton Lake has their act together. Many thanks to Travis the service advisor
MikeMacBodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:04 PM   #6

We have had decent service from CW in Anthony, Texas. It's a big box place so yeah, you have to be very patient. We only use it for really major repairs, otherwise we use an independent.

I always hear everybody trashing CW but we have had good experiences at this one and one in Tucson, AZ.

Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:40 PM   #7

CW in Myrtle Beach is fantastic. Needless to say they are really busy during summer being a huge RV tourist destination.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:54 PM   #8

Well folks,
The CW in Kaysville, Ut doesn't seem to be much better than what most of you are experiencing. I took in my FR Wildcat T28RKS last year, and because of issues with the cable gate dump valve for the black water tank, I had them change the cable to a rod gate dump valve. Because of some bad work hours and other vacations that took away from using the RV, I did even get it out until this month (August 2016). When I was checking it out preparing to go to Bear Lake, Utah, I was testing the results of CW's work. Oh boy, was I surprised. Leaked from the valve like it was half open. I am really disappointed but have to blame myself for not checking their work earlier. It's beneath the underbelly so it will be a pain to fix, but I'm certain CW will not believe my story after this long. Wish me luck trying to repair it myself.
bradybr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #9

That experience was not unusual for many RV dealers
not just Camping World.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:16 PM   #10

We also give the CW in Tucson a big thumbs up. There are a few dozen RV dealerships in the area, and we could get our SOB into any one of them for service, but the CW always gives us a decent time. We do take it to an independent job for most of the Ford motor/chassis work, but wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Our only complaint is their extra small parking lot, but they built on an existing lot and made due with what they had.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:19 PM   #11

It appears that they can get away with their lousy service due to a lack of competition. Most businesses would go under with that poor of customer satisfaction.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:31 PM   #12

Quote:
It appears that they can get away with their lousy service due to a lack of competition. Most businesses would go under with that poor of customer satisfaction.
Plenty of competition around here. Most have higher prices and worse service. The only thing better is an independent mobile guy ~~ some of the time.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:49 PM   #13

CW in Grain Valley Missouri has good sale prices, but extremely dismal service expertise. They tore up more than they attempted to fix on my fiver during the 2.5 months it was on the lot. During several visits to check on things I ran into 3 other customers that swore they'd never go back if and when their units were repaired ... I make 4.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:03 PM   #14

I'll get my two cents worth in here. Had repairs done on my 2012 Rockwood MiniLite# 2304 by CW in Katy, TX and couldn't be happier. They allowed us to stay on their lot for a whole week at no charge with water & electric. They even hauled us over to the dump when we asked them! Katy is a suburb of Houston so we got to see a lot more of Houston than we planned.
Ian Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:29 PM   #15

I’ve have had two bad experiences with Camping World. I sent a letter to both Marcus Lemonis and Becki Johnson without any results. This reminds me to send a follow up about my disappointments since it’s been several months with no response now. I even mentioned dates, times, and individuals names and location. Without going through my experience suffice to say what is truly disappointing is the Lack of Communication! I know things happen but if I were to ever treat my business customers the way I’ve been treated…well it wouldn’t be very long before I didn’t have any customers left at all. It’s just so sad what has happened to politeness and customer service. Although I’m an optimist, customer service isn’t going to get better.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #16

I have had good experience with Camping World of Fayetteville NC. They use to be Hawleys before they were brought out. They have always treated me great, I would take my Cedar Creek there in a heartbeat, I have always been treated great there. Good people

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:51 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Quote:

Rental car refund! What about the cost of the 250 mile drive? Wonder what the CW purchase agreement says about how much they would charge you to send a service tech to your location? My RV dealer would be happy to charge me $1 a mile each way.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #18

Here's my two cents: my TT was stolen from the CW lot while there for a very minor repair... and they refused to refund me my money for the repair (I had paid first and then could not locate my TT on the lot)! How's that for service? I hired an attorney as CW's response to my loss was "file a claim with your insurance company."
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:25 PM   #19

There are two "mom and pop" type RV repair facilities within 5 miles of our home and both are absolutely fantastic. Support your local small business owners if you have any in your area. You will be well rewarded.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:21 AM   #20

CW in Akron, OH installed an Invisibrake in my Toyota Yaris and totally botched the job. Not only didn't the unit work but they made the car unsafe to drive. Every time I put my foot on the brake without careful preplanning and thought, my foot was thrown off the brake into the gas pedal. This was the result of the tech's choosing the worst possible way (out of 4 choices) to attach the unit to the brake pedal. Two of the four had no interference, one had minor interference and the one he chose to use was a disaster.

The actuator was installed under the dash instead of under the driver's seat, Roadmaster's recommended location. The chosen location forced the actuator cable to be coiled up which created enough friction in it that the actuator couldn't develop enough pull to depress the brake.

The Invisibrake requires a 5-wire connection to the RV. Instead of using a 6-wire cable as I requested, they used a 4-wire cable and ran an additional wire between the RV and the car which used an exposed bullet connector at the car end. CW sold the 4 and 6 wire cables for the same price and I had told them that I would pay for the 6-wire cable.

I ended up taking the car to Roadmaster's Vancouver, WA facility to have the unit reinstalled properly.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, service