Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2017, 11:51 AM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
New steps

I too purchased a set of MORryde at the rally with free install. The MORryde installer cut 3/8" off the bottom of the screen door. All fits perfect. Wife loves the steps & so do I. It is a change in the entry of
of RV's being built. Now I have two brand new adjustable post for the old steps to get rid of plus don't have to start trying to level the steps any more with blocks of wood.

What a improvement!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MY STEPS.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	362.3 KB
ID:	151568  
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2022 51 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Putting self adhesive carpet tile solves the problem of the debris being hard to remove. We absolutely love our TorkLift GlowSteps Revolution steps after covering them and adding a yellow fluorescent strip to the front.

X3, my DW can not take steps well so when I ordered/installed mine I added an extra step. Making the step distances shorter. I wrap my steps . Love TorkLift GlowSteps. They also adjust to the terrain.

Robert Shorter
2015 Dodge 3500 DWD
Blue Ridge 3600RS
rmshorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcamper47 View Post
I had the MORryde steps installed at the rally and couldn't be happier. Lippert makes the same style steps also. Only difference is Lippert's top step is deeper than MORrydes. Can't figure out why, as you cannot stand on top step and open the door.

Bob
Hi Bob,

Its sort of hard to adequately describe, but stepping out into that wider top step makes a real difference -- at least for both of us.

As you say, not so much of a difference going in. Pretty much all RV steps I've used over the years require you to be a modest distance down and out to get the door swung past you. But even then, on mine it seems the wider foot placement location just seems better for the last step in. Highly subjective, I admit...

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:01 PM   #24

Rich, DUH, my bad. My one way brain was only thinking entering the trailer, not exiting. The way you explained it makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for straightening me out. Happy camping! Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:04 PM   #25

Oh man I can't decide if I should get these or not on the new trailer.

Decisions decisions.
calebj06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #26

Sometimes deciding is difficult, based on the information you receive you make the best decision for you. All I can say is I will never buy another unit without them.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:12 PM   #27

You can get the old steps and then later on if you decide to get the new steps you can but if you get the new steps on your camper and then decide they don't work for then you are stuck with the new steps. The new steps I don't like but you do what you like
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #28

Yes they are! We purchased a set for our previous camper but only used them a month before we traded it in for our Columbus 383FB. Our new one had them on so we are selling the other set. They are a great asset to your unit and your knees.
KenDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #29

I love the steps as they are much more firm to be on than the older styles. My problem with them is when RV (2017 Cardinal 3950TZ) is parked next to the house in it's storage area I can't deploy them to get inside to do anything maintenance wise. I think with the older style I could probably unfold a couple of steps to get in and do stuff. But I'm not gonna go backwards on equipment at this point.
RCPatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #30

We're have the same problem and are looking at trying to put locking pins in that we can remove the step and put a step stool there.
KenDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:56 AM   #31

As we have very little outside storage on our rv, we're looking at these steps because we could remove the old style folding ones and configure some sort of storage box to fit the space. I spoke with Morryde and they said they are developing a box to fit the area.

This might be a winter project for me. Maybe Santa will help out